No More Glowy Shield

the glowing blue shield can be a real game breaker in pvp situations where you are trying to hide or sneak up on someone and they see your bright beacon approaching them.

Im pretty sure you devs made it see through so you could see mobs easier as warrior and be able to tell when your shield is broken but maybe change the blue and make it a more detailed shield that is like black or something

3 Likes

Maybe a solution would be to make it look like a normal shield from the outside but reduce opacity in first person view ?

3 Likes

The warrior is not only one who needs to see the shield, as a healer that’s useful as well to shoot the shield orb in time, so whatever change is done should allow to still see that from a distance somehow; would pretty much suck in groups if the warrior got to shout ‘my shield broke, my shield broke’ all the time…

5 Likes

something to add to settings should be a switch for it instead of removing it out right

1 Like

very complicated topic this is indeed. maybe have it where party members see your shield more blue/red then everyone else? |

I watched the kickstarter vid and the shield in that looked nice, maybe have it like that but less opacity mixed with the party member sight or some other way to indicate the shields durability statis

You can freely put your shield away and take it back out in combat. If you think it will give your position away you might try just slinging it over your back until you are already upon your enemies.

4 Likes

I hate how bright and unrealistic it is. I wanna feel like a warrior not like im a mage holding magic summoned shield.

3 Likes
1 Like

or you can play as a class made for sneaking and stalking?

honestly what thay need to add is for musketeer to have a chart or UI with everyone active health, shield strength, buffs and debuffs that thay can move to a position that thay like to monitor there party.

1 Like

indeed that would also be a nice addition for musky

1 Like

Agree with this thread, I wish we had a more realistic and immersive looking shield, I love playing melee classes in VR but the warrior in Orbus looks like he’s holding toys.

Same goes for the shiny pointy end of the sword, I get it, it’s there to help us, but I find it really goofy to have my sword with a pink glow.

1 Like

The shield was originally this way… the glow shield is better.

2 Likes

It could just go transparent and red when it breaks, with some other option while it’s not broken. I agree it’s weird and non immersive, but it is practical for the moment.

also to do that and test what would be best for pvp would require leveling that character to 20, id rather not have all the hard work creating new warrior pvp stances and tactics to go to waste cuz he can be seen easier

but of course its pointless to even have the shield out in pvp since it does nothing besides blocks aberration attacks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.