Oculus Free Weekend

Happens for me only when i leave the PH

If any dragon breeders are wanting to get rid of unwanted dragons I’m sure the new guys in Highstep would love to take them. Everyone seems fascinated with them.

4 Likes

This also happens to me about 10% of the time when I leave my house after teleporting to it.

In about 30 minutes we’ll be doing a quick server restart, shouldn’t be any downtime, to fix a small issue and make sure we’re ready to handle tonight’s traffic. Assuming all goes well we don’t anticipate needing to do any other restarts the rest of the night. Thanks!

Server restart is completed, thanks!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Free Weekend helped me decide on getting this game: I’m not

This is also happening for me (and others) from time to time. It’s not even the house that’s the issue, I think its how the game handles instances. For example, when you enter an instance, it seems like players are transported to a waiting area somewhere in the instance or world (if not instance) and then teleported to where they should be right before they load in. Or something like that.

Except when this breaks, the player ends up not teleporting to the correct spot on the client side. On the server side people see the player looking around but not moving. Its like an out of body experience where the only solution is to relog (to see if the player ends up in the body others can see turning around), or graveyarding if their body actually isn’t there (aka they are stuck in the wrong section of the area, which is usually under the map, or off in some wall somewhere).

The thing is, these areas people are getting stuck…they are the same spots everyone else is getting stuck when encountering this issue in the exact same areas. So for the highsteppe house, it’s below the ground and in the far back area usually.

I noticed that the likelyhood of this bug happening is much higher if you start playing standing up and then teleport whilst sitting down.

Played for the first time last night and stayed in for 6 hours. Amazing!!! Thanks for making this free for the weekend!!

5 Likes

We’ll be doing another quick server restart in about 30 minutes to prepare for the rest of the day. Should only be a couple of minutes of downtime. Thanks for your patience!

Would it be possible to send system notices in game ?

Yep we just did, you should have gotten it about 5 minutes ago if you were in-game. I’m sending out the 20 minute notice now, for example.

Okay so the server restart was completed successfully. However, we’re still not solving the problem that I keep trying to solve to get us to where I want the server to be ahead of tomorrow’s event, so we’re going to have to do one (hopefully final) restart again later this afternoon. I will try and give plenty of advanced notice for that. There will also be a client-side patch going out around that time.

Again, thank you everyone for your patience, hopefully this is the kind of thing where a little annoyance now saves us from major headaches tomorrow when we have a huge influx of new people.

1 Like

Voice chat seems a bit patchy since the server restart, been sat at highsteppe talking to people and sometimes the audio will cut out and I can’t hear them but could still hear others

Okay thanks for the heads up. I’ll work on that for the next restart.

1 Like

We’ll be doing this restart at 1 PM CDT. Thanks!

The server restart has been completed. We’re monitoring now for any further issues. Thanks again for your understanding.

We have identified a bug which is causing the master server process to restart unexpectedly. We have a fix for it, which I am going to deploy in 30 minutes. Sorry for the late notice, but I would rather fix this now and not have random restarts all evening. In-game notices are going out now.

1 Like

Server restart has been completed, we’ll continue to monitor this and make sure all is well now. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the interruption during peak time!

1 Like

Was this a fix for the master process crash?

Also should higher level shards be attempted post this fix or do you think player should avoid it until free weekend is over?