Oculus Quest version oddities and bugs

Been playing a lot on the quest and overall I must say it looks great and works better than I expected! Got a few things of note though:

• Mount and belt items don’t always stay in line with your head, and looking down tends to skew everything to the side some. For Shaman, my main, every time I would look down to grab a totem, the left side would go up an bit and the left side goes down. Not game breaking, but annoying as they weren’t always where I wanted them. Oddly, if I look down, put my left arm down and my right arm up everything seemed to even out and if I did the reverse it would get worse.

• In the sewer dungeon, the environmental slime that comes out of the walls is black in color instead of green.

• Casting bars are always empty, never go away, and don’t always show the right name of the attack/spell. The worse I’ve seen is when it will just always say “Creationism” and never change to anything else. I’ve also seen it have the entirely wrong name, like a Stafraster showing Smash instead of wild bolt. The best case scenario is that the word changes to show the correct attack, but even then the casting bar is always empty and it just stays there until the next attack happens. I also don’t think I ever saw the little shield icon but I wasn’t really looking for it either.

• A QoL improvement would be if the 10 people nearby that load in prioritize people in your party. It’s a bit rough to try to see if you have the whole team gathered when there are a lot of other people around (like at the dungeon entrance)

• I seemed to have some problems hitting some buttons in NPC menus, kinda like the bug you guys fixed before where certain hand angles didn’t work.

1 Like

I know that there are fixes in the works for the mount alignment and casting bars.

I just pushed the 10.86 update out on the Quest. It should have fixes for the casting bars and the tool/mount alignment issues, as well as the new stuff (e.g. anchors) that was rolled out on Friday on PC. If all goes well you should see it showing up soon to download. Thanks!

3 Likes

Huge improvement, obviously a ways to go but much much better.

Looking forward to ongoing improvements. Orbus has seemed more populated than ever, which I think is great for the game but probably exhausting for the devs :grinning:

Hello, I´m reviving that old one because in dragon races the view on the dragon is blocked by the mount!
Don´t know though if this is a general problem or really specific for the Quest…

2 Likes

Which mount?

1 Like

The Basic one, where I see a ring around my view and yesterday I also bought that sunshine mount and with that I can’t see the dragon at all,I see only the shiny colors…
When I dismount before entering the race it’s gone.

Tracks were the two in highsteppe and the one outside (mouse trap?)…

It is a general problem btw. Other mounts can show too and other headsets have the problem too. It is a rare thing though.

1 Like

On quest I see my steampunk mount right in the middle of my vision, completely blocking my view, I have to then go out, dismount and then use another pet treat, the horse mount can be seen too but normally that doesn’t block your vision, I haven’t tested other mounts

I reported this I believe in the beta, certainly pre 10.86

Possible QOL improvement for the quest. Is there any way to get the little blue flashes that represent people to be red if they’re PVP is on?. It’s really difficult to even stand a chance if you have to get right next to somebody to find out that they’re PVP. Because if you’re in an unpopulated zone the little blue people flash lights up at a pretty good distance but you can’t tell anything about that person unless you’re like 20 feet away. Same thing would go with the goblin to make it a pink little flash or something like that. Just an idea I don’t know how hard that would be to implement.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.