OG OrbusVR armor sets for Transmog

Riley_D
Dev Team - Director

Apr 1

All of the existing OrbusVR gear is not in the new game yet, so right now you are seeing the most basic gear in the game for those pieces. At some point in the future, we will get that gear in Reborn and it will look pretty similar to how it does now and you will have access to it as a transmog style since you had it when you imported your character.]

Would it be possible to get an estimated timeline as to when we might see this happen? A goal? Perhaps in your upcoming road-map announcement.

Regards

Korenda

2 Likes

We’ll be giving more details in the blog post that is forthcoming, but it will be within the next few weeks.

1 Like

when will our classic orbusvr transmog come in orbus

That’s the question they were just asking, it will be within the next few weeks.

@Riley_D Can you add aborations in the game that drop the old transmog styles? Would be very cool if you did that.

It’d have to be some different variation of the old tmog gear to not upset a lot of regular vanilla players.

If you are upset that new players can get the same gear as you, then it’s you that’s the problem. I don’t want the devs wasting time designing new gear just to make 20 people feel superior to the new players.

1 Like

@Auslander we hope more that newish players get the motivation to play so far into the game to get their reward for it. Not that is shows: “hey look at this, you should definately stop playing before this part of the game or you will only get a lame reward that is basically something you don’t want”. Does that sound good for end players or beginners to you?

@Scott the way this tread reads to me is. “Please let us use the old tmogs but only if you played preborn. If new players can get it, it should be different to not upset the old players.” How does that motivate new players? They would never be able to get the old tmogs.

I get ya. But at the same time we already have capes and pets and a confetti gun from old game that no-one can ever get again. I don’t see ppl explode on that ATM.

I think what is going to happen is that the ppl that worked for the armour will have access to the armour already as transmog. While the new players can still obtain them. I don’t think they will differ if you already have them from the old game or obtain them later. It makes sense to not waste time making two sets. Although the new players would have obtained them in a way different way then the old players. So I do understand the sentiment.

1 Like

This was my point either let new players get them or don’t. And if a player has a problem with new players being able to work to get something we had to work for, that’s their problem.

In my opinion it should he possible for new players to get them, but only from specific mobs, like aberrations with a low drop rate. Gear drops in this game like … and I’m not a fan of that anyway. But we old player worked for it and should have access from the beginning but new players should can get them but with effort, and not like get almost all transmogs from chests from doing events or grinder. Its ridiculous how much stuff I have to destroy after doing events or grinding

1 Like

because we spent painful hours trying to get that gear

honestly ill be pretty upset if the new players can get the old raid armor, especially because there isnt enough classes in the old game to support everybody.

I agree with adding abberations that drop rare-good looking gear though

1 Like

i think new players getting some form of the old tmogs is fine as long as its differentiatable from the oldbus players (not 20 people lol its considerably more if you estimate based on the armory records).

basically if items get rereleased at a different time, they should be differentiatable even if they look nearly the same.

and yea, it is about showing what you did and when as that is a prime motivator for a considerably large amount of the player base.

motivation is formed through reward. when there is no reward there is no motivation. reward for some people is ‘looking pretty’ for other it is ‘getting all the achievements’ for others it is ‘showing off’. in all these cases, it is about differentiating ones self.

if there is no progressive differentiation in the game then it is no longer ‘playing a game’ and it is simply ‘playing’.

i think it is time for mistakes about showing progression to stop so that new players can start forming real incentive to continue playing.

5 Likes

I disagree. I think if they put out content that is equivalent in difficulty, it makes perfect sense to re-use cosmetics like that. The ‘achievement’ aspect is covered by the capes.

Think about it like this: on a released game, say they have gear X for the X-tier dungeons. Then they release an expansion and X-dungeons can still be done and the gear obtained, but now level max is Y, with Y-tier dungeons and gear. All the gear is still obtainable, but takes the same amount of difficulty (non-scaling, anyway).

The same is basically true for most game events, like games that have a Winter Solstice event - the gear is generally the same, or at least old gear is obtainable even when they put out new stuff.

Orbus, however, was not an official release, so the content clock kinda starts now anyway.

The old transmog should only be for the people who obtained it in the original game. There could be cosmetics similar to the ones in the original, but those you would get from equally difficult content. This would make everyone happy.

5 Likes

Except the dev that has to design similar but different gear, that’s not cooler looking than the old gear because that would piss off the preborn players. You can’t make everyone happy in this game.

careful, next thing u know riley is going to just put the oldbus raid armor for current hard mode!

1 Like