Oldschool Orbus please

how long until retro Orbus? please

5 Likes

I am waiting for this as well. I think many veteran players who have left keep an eye out for this.

1 Like

I guess about 5 years from now. (Realistically looking at how other games do this too after 7+ years of existing)

(Ps: I have of-course no clue what they are planning or not. Just my guess)

If I have to wait that long I wont support them anymore.

1 Like

In what way are you supporting them?

4 Likes

I had purchased the things in the in-game shop (mounts) also helped others get those items. Then recommended other new players to this game. Once original Orbus returns I would be willing to further support them. To get back to the topic.

2 Likes

Yeah reborn just aint cutting it, So many players have left because reborn just isn’t for us.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yea there are always those players who just complain to complain too cant forget them :wink:

2 Likes

I just miss old orbus, the aborations, the trickster chest, the expert dungeon, the game play (healing pots not broken) makes the fights more interesting, the ranger not being broken bring it back please

1 Like

honestly, I’d be willing to rebuy it, the money can go towards making new orbus better with new content, wouldn’t care if old orbus didn’t get updates unless something properly broke.

3 Likes

yup me too @Sparky

4 Likes

I agree with @Sparky even though he hates me… BRING OLD ORBUS BACKKKK :(::::

3 Likes

They won’t do it on the simple fact that majority of their player base would move back to old school and probably not even go back to Reborn. If they do bring it back it will be most likely like other games and be 7 to 10+ years after reborn launch. I want old school back too but this is the reality of it no matter how much it’s begged for. They will do the numbers and until it’s beneficial to them they won’t do it. The more they wait the more the suspense

Someone should make an emulator!

2 Likes

it would be cool to make it so the players can donate to keep the old school servers up

2 Likes

which might make it beneficial to have that option

1 Like

This was discussed so often the technical cluelessness really slowly hurts… it is not a matter of some “servers” being online and putting an outdated software on it and it all magically works.
You need full salaries for people maintaining this stuff, updating unity - and consequently redoing alot of things -, providing user support, constantly adapting it, for example for Quest users, for other headsets, maintain yet-to-come updates for existing ones, for the index controllers, for bugfixes, security fixes and so on and so on.
Online games don’t just run by themselves, constant maintenance is needed to get them going, not only of the underlying server architecture, but also the game itself.

And on top of this people are comparing Orbus with its cute playerbase of like 30-100 people online to games with 12 million active players! If only a fraction of THESE millions want a classic version then yea you can employ people for launching that and it all sells. But Orbus is not that, “Oldschool” will never come back, not in years, if not some millionaire makes it his personal project, that is…

And it has been asked many times now to make some suggestions instead to implement stuff you miss or found cool, in Reborn. Even 2 bosses came back to please the nostalgia folks (I did not like Dovregubben in the OG and still don’t like him now but yea… grats) which did not change a thing tho, illusional threads like this one seemingly never end. Implementing stuff in Reborn is at least possible. And while Reborn indeed got at least more players currently than the OG had in the last months of its existence (I mean, please, where were all of you who liked it sooo much, we could not get groups of 5 anymore, for weeks, due to the low player count in EU timezone) I guess we still can be glad and happy if Orbus is around for years, at all.

3 Likes

and the complaining returns…

2 Likes

From both sides :popcorn: