Option to disable autorun

So there are 2 things i noticed across the board:

• I do not use autorun
  • I accidentally switch on autorun regularly and it annoys me

I want to prove this hypothesis. Please vote on this thread so I can understand others opinion on this.

• I always use auto run
  • I never use auto run
  • I accidentally switch on auto run regularly

0 voters

My proposed solution is to add an option in the settings to switch between autorun, autorun only out of combat, autorun off completely.

2 Likes

I would like to add as the options don’t really cover it, I use auto run when I’m on a purpose (e.g. currently in Highsteppe and want to run to the Rainforest for a mission) but this isn’t often but I do defiantly choose to use the feature here and there.

Saying that though, much more often I’ve accidentally used it and got stuck running when not wanted. It’s almost a daily occurrence to use it accidentally in a dungeon and nearly run head first into death.

4 Likes

ppl can choose multiple options. notice there are 24 votes with only 17 voters.

percent of total voters.

14 people voted. 71% voted for I accidentally switch on auto run regularly. That means 14*0.71 = 9.94. the 0.71 is rounded so we can assume 10 out of 14 people said they accidentally switch on auto run regularly.

That is how the percentages work. I hope that helped.

So far we can deduce the following:

• some people use auto run and some people do not. The feature is used regularly. great!
  • a majority of people accidentally switch on auto run regularly. <— Problem

I really hate it, it’s so annoying, I always stuck with autorun by an accident

1 Like

Wonder if there’s a difference between vive and oculus users… I’d be lost without autorun, using it all the time since the thumbsticks start to hurt after a while, pressing them forward, continously. I do not encounter activating it accidentally, or very rarely.
Tried the vive and found it easy to run without, in comparison, plus the autorun was easier to trigger.

An option in settings to turn it off would likely be the cleanest solution.

i see absolutely nothing wrong with adding an option to toggle it on and off

and no need for votes or more posts really, just gotta ask riley and see what happens

1 Like

I added the votes because i wanted to know if it was actually an issue for more than myself and the couple others i was chatting with. I just needed confirmation of my hypothesis.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for this more or less ever since day 1, for warriors with horn in the hand it can be super annoying to waste stamina like that in combat xD

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.