Orbus interfering with Oculus Party

When I play Orbus, I join a party on Oculus first, and then hop into the game. My mic settings were allowed, but since we were in a party, it just shut them off for me. There were no issues with the party coming in and out of the game, but along with the update, game issues. I don’t know if it’s because of Oculus or Orbus, but now, when I make a party and get on the game, my audio and mic cut out completely, and typically I have to leave and rejoin the game to fix it. That doesn’t work a lot, and even when it does, if I leave the game, it takes away my party audio and mic. I’ve tried turning off mic permissions, resetting my headset, rebooting, about everything my boyfriend and I could think of, but nothing helps. If this is an Orbus issue, please fix!

I’m pretty sure that oculus party takes priority over your mic and that’s why you’re having issues, best thing you could do is get discord and you and your boyfriend use that, while you can’t use discord on the quest, you can use it on your phone and use some headphones to go with it, obviously all this is just a work around, if you’re on PC VR then it’s a lot easier as you can just have discord running along side oculus/orbus

Yup, we all generally have voice problems in game and we have for a long time, it’s normal. We just re log until the sound works. (part of the dsync problems that were reproted by Scott? I don’t know but it’s truly annoying. )
As Rickness said, Discord is the best way to communicate. I do wish Orbus had their own official channel though, otherwise, it’s all over the place.

Got the same problem. My friend just bought the game so we can play together. But since the game was soooooo buggy and we could not even speak with each other (without usind other devices besides the oculus quest) he just deinstalled it and blamed me for paying 20 bugs for „buggy unfinished shit“ (his words not mine).
Would love to play the game once without rhousands of issuses…

We’re sorry for the negative experience. We can investigate what happens with the interaction between the party function and Orbus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.