Paladin and scoundrel in PvP

Currenty they are ridiculously OP especially on the overworld where affixes and stats work.

My health gets taken down to 20% with 1 scoundrel shot… On the flip side my attacks have to hit 5 times before I can kill them… and that is assuming they do not self heal or simply run away.

I would post the combat logs or the video i recorded but quite simply I am sick of the lack of acknowledgement. Not even a single reply on the issue that I may as well stop doing PvP completely at this point. This game is not made for PvP and it feels like the dev team don’t care either that much is clear. :man_shrugging:

I have made a good 70+ posts outlining my PvP experience in the game without a single response so I just won’t bother anymore.

1 Like

I will say that Paladin is very underpowered against certain classes:

• Warrior (shield absorbs paladin hits and regens faster than the lightning call, so a warrior just needs to hit our hammer with the shield and we do nothing and can’t run away)
  • Paladin (this is just a deadlock. Not enough damage to kill unless someone glitches)
  • Musketeer (not even worth trying, because the Renew by itself does more healing than Paladin can damage)
  • Bard (do-able, but takes a while against an inexperienced bard. An experienced bard will win every time)

Paladin is very strong against some classes:

• Runemage (super squishy. Get in close and it’s game over)
  • Shaman (I expect. I’ve never actually fought one as a Paladin)
  • Ranger (get in close and it’s game over)

Paladin is okay against:

• Scoundrel (it’s a toss-up who will win this fight, and dependent very heavily on who gets the drop on whom)

Scoundrel is very underpowered against:

• Not really any class. They do enough damage to overcome healing and can heal themselves a little as well.

Scoundrel is very strong against:

• Runemage (1-2 hit KO)
  • Bard (1-2 hit KO)
  • Ranger (the ranger doesn’t match dps for dps, so unless the ranger gets a major drop with charged shot first, it’s no challenge)
  • Warrior (the shield is almost worthless as the scoundrel can bounce around and recharges hits quickly)
  • Shaman (again not sure, but I expect it would be here)

Scoundrel is okay against:

• Musketeer (this can be a tough fight)
  • Paladin (same as Paladin comment)
  • Scoundrel

stop crying every single time you get beaten in pvp, a good mage can easily bring down a scoundrel, and 2 mages should be able to take down 2 scoundrels, very easily.
i dont think you understand that you have to go through your entire deck to get your empowered damage card, giving you plenty of time to do some damage to me, try affliction.
i get killed by mages all the time, just not a person who isnt that great at pvp, there is no reason to always get butthurt about it, this post is probably going to get taken down but i dont care.

mage does alot of damage, that being said 1 fireball and 1 affliction will win you the fight, but when people are good at dodging just cast faster! keep your range! if you do this then mage is unbeatable.

if all you do is non-stop complain about pvp then just stop, maybe spend your time practicing :baby:

you can save your high damage shots. If they added a timeout to your empowered shot then it MIGHT be slightly better… you still get opportunities to take down 80% damage. I am sorry but no, in the overworld it is completely imbalanced. doing 80k crit damage (which you can make sure happens) is not balanced.

no. That is completely incorrect.

no. it is not, you are missing

here is a 2 second window from combat with you:

18:09:15:977 [Combat] J took 76331 damage from ChaseChair (Critical)
18:09:15:978 [Combat] You are now in combat.
18:09:17:401 [Combat] J took 57159 damage from ChaseChair (Critical)
18:09:17:610 [Combat] You are no longer in combat.

You know what I can MAYBE cast and hit you with in 2 seconds? 1 fireball.

Here is 1 fireball:

18:09:15:778 [Combat] TrumpChange took 24801 damage from J

if I am lucky, it crits:

18:09:37:381 [Combat] Nestro took 32627 damage from J (Critical)

@ChaseChair You only refer to the mage in your rebuttal. What about the other classes? I get that a good mage can hold their own if they can dodge long enough, but that’s not necessarily the case for other classes.

I primarily play ranger and it’s all I’ve done in PvP so I can speak to the other classes. As a ranger the 2 classes I avoid fighting most are Scoundrel and Pally. I generally will only engage if I have no options or if I have significant backup. The reason being I know that I don’t stand a chance against their abilities. I can’t heal like either of them, and I’m but as beefy as a warrior or Pally so I can’t take enough hits to last through their heals/damage combo. The ONLY option I have is to dance around and then doing that it’s nearly impossible to get a shot off. I’ve yet to beat either class in a 1 v 1 match. I get that that’s my issue and I know there are better rangers out there than me who likely can hold their own, but that doesn’t change the fact that the battles are still skewed in their favor balance wise.

We understand that tensions fly high anywhere PvP discussions are happening, but we hear you and are noting feedback. Please stay civil with each other.

For a specific point that has been brought up in the past we will be putting out a fix for the stuck in combat issue in PvP which indirectly leads to Paladin being incredibly high mobility compared to everyone else.

That is half the issue. It wont stop paladins from getting away as they can still move faster than someone mounted up and not in combat even if the paladin are in combat themselves.

1 Like

i used to be a ranger too, but it sucks so i leveled my scoundrel

So basically you are proving my point that it is unbalanced.

yes, i agree buff ranger

:rofl: yes he is.

dude i posted actual numbers and timeframes and you still refuse to acknowledge the imbalance. there is no point of me having this conversation with you.

1 Like

and you failed to post anything about affliction

ticks for 5k every 0.8(?) ish seconds.

There make u happy?

1 Like

ill give you 2 fireballs and an affliction

If you are a mage losing to scoundrel in an equal fight, you should just give up mage.