Paladin vs Lich King unbalanced?

although I acknowledge the possibility of it being an issue on my end of misplay, but I’m beginning to feel as though the Lich King is the least tankable dungeon boss.

having to tank that dungeon is rather difficult for paladin. trying to keep aggro on yourself as a tank requires you to be face to face at close range with the boss that then shoots OTK orbs directly at you. now I understand it’s the tanks responsibility to move to the shoulder of him, but once moved he remains aggroed on tank and gets face to face again, therefore dodging the orbs is a fail. furthermore, the pally tank is lacking in strength especially in shard dungeons, as runemage pulls aggro away from tank immediately resulting in a dead tank.

could there be any kind of changes to this?

It’s definitely able to be done. I’m terrible with Paladin and pulled it off…but I also told the group to hold off on attacking until I pulled PLENTY of aggro. During the Death Burst, move to the shoulders opposite of your group, and when he shoots the other orb at you, dodge that and hang back til all the orbs are back at him, then go back in. It’s just a timing game.

For a paladin, you’ll want to stay back a bit and only periodically jump in to do damage. Use your hammer of Retribution liberally in the interim.

Dodge death burst at very last second so he doesnt turn. Also if you get too far from him he’ll bolt you so stay close when you dodge. It’s possible, just takes practice! I believe in you :triumph:

Was pretty easy on my warrior :rofl:
Seems lazy tank has a downside afterall :wink:
Something I learned from all of my time spent tanking is that persistency is key. Keep trying different things and experimenting with different methods, as long as your group is okay with it. Eventually, you will beat it.

Hey uhm, If you were in the shard 1 run against lich king, We were running Indecisive permutation, aka boss switches agro more often. Don’t worry about that run!

Apparently its really easy to pull agro off with indecisive.
If you’re not the person i’m thinking of i’m sorry, oof

1 Like

if it had indecive i can understand your struggle, paladin needs more agro

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.