Palladin aggro still has issues

…So how is a top tire Palladin supposed to hold aggro when playing with top tire mages? Was this ever calculated?

Probably not as there is no limit to mages spells… but I still think I’m close to a perfect rotation with books, taking hits on 1.5 sec shield, just as it returns, boosting hits, burning heels not for the health, but the healing aggro.

• Taunt book has to be saved for when the mages pull agro.

• groundslam cant be boosted with the dammage libram. Cost of 3 orbs. Ok for groups, but should if be used on a boss?

I would love to act like the wariers and start kiting bosses, but if there is a mage in the group, I never have enough aggro to hold it for more then a few sec. Orbes dont generate fast enough to mach the spam provoce aggro and shield hits on wariers .

7 Likes

Bump… I’d like to see a Dev response here. This is getting ridiculous. Paladin need more agro control. Musket, Shaman, and Mage can all take agro almost at will. Please turn Paladin agro up a notch.

3 Likes

Did anyone do the research of the aggro numbers? How much damage does aggro with a hammer slam do, or a orb hit? How much damage on a shield equals how much aggro? And a provoke? It is all based on feeling, experience and assuming the warrior is using the same max potential as the pally, but is it doing that?

sadly the only people with numbers are the devs, and max potential of paladin is litterally only hitting every orb u get, which is what all paladins do. the books works like horn, so it only puts u slightly above top agro, making it only useful as a gain agro over someone skill and not a keep agro by yourself.
also we know from kiting that u can kite and only hold agro from shield hits when paladins cant hold using all their orbs, meaning warrior without provoke > paladin

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll take a look at the numbers.

2 Likes

ESPECIALLY with the way they can stand inside of someone and take melee hits on their shield to get aggro back.

If a paladin loses aggro, we get fewer pips, which means less (i.e. non-existent) ability to regain aggro. Have had times where I lose aggro and try to regain it only for it to go directly from #1 on dps chart to #2 on chart

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.