Patch 10.96- Hard Mode Raid Beta

Honestly, I’m pretty sure that atm there is a bug with the stacks… They either don’t stack properly when all the dps is burning him or they reset after some number. At the end of 2 minutes of us burning him, it wasn’t even 1 shotting me as a ranger.

its very easy to time this… you don’t need a dps window. the switching time doesnt change.

Yes, but the mechanic is a visual clue. Having a visual that pops up should mean “stop/start now” not “you should have stopped/started two seconds ago”. Maybe in Hardmode, where everything should be tuned to make it damn near impossible.

for high end play yes, but for a pug going into the dungeon its a bit too punishing for something that is supposed to be tuned to a mid level shard boss. as i said hard mode should stay as it is now with no window

apparently not as after 2 minutes nobody was dying lol.

I agree with having an indication first before stop attacking. Not because I want to make it easier or anything. Just that it is a very stupid mechanic to have everyone time in their head for 20 seconds. It is difficult yes. Fun no.

on sanyeal this was a fun thing with the indication that everybody stopped attacking mid shooting xD (even though it was a false rumour)

2 Likes

I think with these kind of mechanics, Damage over Time attacks shouldn’t trigger them if they were applied before the mechanic became active, new ones applied after the mechanic becomes active should totally stack up the debuff though

4 Likes

boss 2 need the tank buster timer need to be fixed his tank buster hits after 2 or 3 second after animation and enrages too fast in normal i dont know in hard

1 Like

The raid gives +2 gear so why should it already require it and let’s face the facts, noone with a guild has “no shard gear at all” if he didn’t just ding on that very day. You will be easily at +2 already or almost after one evening of shards, ran with your guild, because trading gets you there. Right, skill does not come from this, but it is everything. Oh and we had a scoundel with +2/+3 gear who figured after 20 shards and 2 raids there is a thing like setting talents. Guess that’s a major flaw @ devs, in the tutorial-guidance, I can’t remember they were mentioned during leveling, but all this happens :wink:
We went into normal, again, today, with the more experienced group, doing around 100k dps instead of 50k, looks like the last boss is out of reach now also for our weaker group, not only the Broken Knight. Then it’s down to three doable bosses. I mean, noone needs really any gear outta this, the pet and transmogs isn’t enough incentive for most, the often-suggested option to buy shards would perhaps at least be something, but I am slowly desperate how to motivate people to play, at all.

Either the normal raid is really, really easy so it’s fun to do with pugs in an hour (and that is how it was intended, I think) or it needs work and dedication and a certain skill- and gearlevel, but then there should be according rewards.
Just being a frustrating experience with no rewards will not work out and at least one, possibly two, are currently like that.

PS: Finally at topic, we also went into hm beta with the progress-group, got one-shot after secs on all bosses (specially the first, there wasn’t really time left for the others), laughed a bit and went out. Seriously, we need any doable content for the mass of players. If everything is either scaled up to infinity - which is FINE if there’s also other content - or rewards not matching what people need, then there’s nothing to do but 4 dungeons, over and over, and these already get boring.

I wished every few weeks there were new shard dungeons coming out, perhaps also higher shard levels with gear levels progressing accordingly; this is of course alot of work, but it would perhaps keep people entertained and help those who struggle with scratching 10 players together.

1 Like

Look no offence but… if you are struggling to kill boss 2 on normal… Maybe that is where you need to progress… Don’t go requesting nerfs on hard mode when you clearly are not ready for it.

This is the sort of thing that as a leader of an organized group, you check and teach your team members… Don’t expect to just invite someone to your guild and expect them to be clued up… Check logs, help them get better, check each others rotations, tilesets, use potions etc… I don’t get the feeling that this is what happening… If you want to progress min-max fully.

… Nethertheless, I agree that the game needs way more obvious indicators and introductions to clear end-game boosting. Maybe missions for tilesets would do the job.

Are you saying that you think normal mode is too hard? Are the tokens for gear and transmog gear not enough of a reward? What other sort of reward do you want?

I totally agree with this… There needs to be some other progression content released for the ‘middle ground’… Something I mention all the time is that the progression factor is missing (its not just me, there are threads on the forums every day about making progression transparent and adding content that is obviously progressive).

Metris wasn’t requesting a nerf on the hardmode. None of us have been. We’re noting that there’s serious issues with scaling on the normal dungeon, because it’s not doable by correctly geared players following the intended mechanics.

1 Like

Just because their gear is up to par, doesn’t mean their skills are…

4 Likes

You did not read what I wrote, I am talking of TWO groups all the time, one is a group which the raid actually was made for, a mix of new and old players, this is the weaker one. The other is our experienced cross-guild raid, people doing the full range of shards, mostly. It has no issues to kill boss 2 on normal. And yes, transmogs are not really enough an incentive to spend too much time on anything, actually not for either since the ‘weaker’ group is easy to gear up via dungeons.

I request no hardmode “nerf” (yet, fun-fact, the boss where we were oneshotted for an hour or so was actually bugged btw… patch came out 1h after we were done), idc about hm it is clearly for neither but, tbh, for ONE guild, yours, to keep you guys entertained! And perhaps 2 others, max, if at all. Which is fine for me. I care for the normal raid since this is a content where we - perhaps - can scratch up at least enough people for, in guild or at least across other eu-guilds. And it is clearly a fully different game you play because ppl are not constantly peakin in and gone next day or week, you guys got a fairly stable group, up to 2 full-raid-numbers, over months this is just another world, especially dmg-wise.

Edit: Looks like boss 2 - the way we were doing it, with the weaker group - also just ran into a bug. Well we give it a try next week, with the additional nerfs it’s hopefully finally doable. The issue remains that at least half of the raid isn’t really sure why they should do the normal raid which sure is related to the faster progress regarding shardgear in the OG… I still think more incentives would be good, more usage for tokens, like, buying glimmering shards, would be a start.

PS: As for min-maxing, talkin about tilesets, potions and what not we do all of this. But again, you don’t play with casuals, we do, and you can’t force people to do this and that, you can tell things, but that’s it and sometimes it simply does not arrive. Or potions; some are short of them, mostly due to time played, others stingy. I can’t even see if they take normal or enhanced. And if they overleveld content greatly then I understand they don’t wanna waste potions on it; why should it be necessary. As said, we don’t aim for the ceiling, just something to do which is fairly fun and rewarding alike - like shards were in the first weeks - so that people enjoy the game and, first of all, stay in it.

Just posted some patch notes about boss 2 here.

1 Like

Err ok, “Boss no longer becomes enraged after 2 minutes”… oh really… and we tried all possible interpretations of that icon and searched for mechanics behind it, since it surely can’t be an enrage… Thanks for the patch anyways :smiley: . I should likely go to bed now.

I’m going to email some output logs from Tuesday’s raid, I totally forgot about them until now, 2 are from desyncing on death (which has been reported many times before and needs fixing) and the other is from when I ran back after a wipe and I couldn’t see the boss or anything else in the room

Ummmm Trash is still here

3 Likes

Trash should be gone now.

5 Likes

Lmao I love your hand expression.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.