Patch 6.80: Mounts, Cosmetic Shop, and more!

Hate to nitpick but it seems like the potions recipes could have been at the end of some sort of questline or hidden in a more interesting way

2 Likes

You wanna make me work for it? Ya big meanie :wink:

I think it would have been cool if they unlocked after making 100 of that type of potion.

1 Like

I agree, but we have limited resources to spend on putting things into the game, and we decided it was better to get it up and running than to delay it 4 weeks so we had some time in the schedule to put in a new quest to accompany it. Perils of software development, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

What are merchants going to sell now? This seems like it is going to kill the stalls and economy.

1 Like

Certainly we will be keeping an eye on this and how it affects the overall economy in general. But based on our observations and the general feedback we were receiving, the rarity of these potions was too high for their intended use in the game.

Of course there are still dragons, the 24 other potions that aren’t available via this bonus loot, dyes, ingredients, artificing tiles, and other things merchants can choose to sell. Not to mention, I think having more dram in the economy should be a boon for merchants in general.

And of course that’s assuming that everyone will get every potion they want/need to use in shards/raids just from the drops and that they’ll run these every day. Certainly some people will, but a lot will still be in the market for them I’m sure.

So, yeah, we’ll certainly keep an eye on it, but I think there will still be plenty of trading and buying going on.

2 Likes

Hi,

I would like to point out the fact that even if some people will still buy potions, the potion that people really needed and was worth paying for are those that are now dropping in shard, they can also be aged!

I mean I’m not one of those who farmed hours and hours for potions to make money, but for those who did this was an opportunity to actually have a different gameplay then just doing shard and dungeon, isn’t this the fun part of Orbus end-game, you could play your game the way you want? There were people playing hours and hours in your game just to make some dram and have some social thing going on, if you wanted you could be a merchant. Personally, I really like fishing, I’ve spent over 16 hours just fishing (I know it’s not that much, compare to some) and I was happy with it because I could actually get something out of it, now even if people want to make some potions they won’t buy fish, they will go take 30 mins at fishing and they’ll be good for like 10 days. The 10x potions is something that make all farming for materials pretty much useless too, we could say it take 1/4 of the materials compare to what you needed before for boosting pots.

What I am trying to say is that you cut many and many hours of end-game gameplay, for those who were interested in doing this and those who did already spent so many hours in those kind of different “class”.

I’m not trying to tell you how it should be I’m just saying it’s sad for all those people who got into your game because of this different “branch” of gameplay, because it is not needed anymore.

But you did make the game easier for anybody who want to run shard and raid, got to give you that.

This is my personal opinion on the last patch, just wanted to give you guys my point of view.

Also sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language.

Marc

2 Likes

I disagree, I’m one of those people that have farmed and made a lot of potions and sold them. People will still buy potions, this will only bring the potion price down. Before they made this change, if there would’ve been 5 other guilds like EK pushing end-game content, there wouldn’t have been enough resources for everyone to have potions. As more end-game guilds pop up and raid a few times a week, the demand will always be there as long as you have guilds pushing end-game content. Hopefully the devs made expert a challenge where potions will be a must.

2 Likes

Putting potions inside of shard chest really made shards relevant again for me, and it makes the potion investment to do higher level shards worth it. really love this update, thank you devs.

2 Likes

Thanks for including potions in shards. I think this was a good thing. It made a lot of end gamers want to do shards again. And we can group up with others, help gear them up and for folks who are geared up, we can get potions for our raids. This helps the casual guilds play more, do shards, do raids and do the harder content. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes? According to armory there are 66 players who made more than 100 potions alltogether, in the entire game, during their entire playing time; not of ONE type, but of everything, tiles, fishing potions and so on. And what on earth would normal players even do with 100 freakin potions of one type and no market stall?! I understand around 10-20 players seem to spend their life inside the game, luckily not all of these are unaware of the rest of the community, but, seriously… guilds are loosing players right and left, there’s an average of 40 online during my playing time, these are the facts and too easy content is surely not the reason for that. So, how should end-game guilds ‘pop up’ by making things even harder to achieve than they already are. Drops are a great idea and a step in the right direction, we will see if they can boost progress, specially raid-wise, but currently there is trouble, at least for EU players, to group up with 10 at all, once a week, that is the hard facts…

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to run shards since the update to checkout the drops but I’m loving the concept of it. I personally love shards, and it’s been harder to find groups wanting to run them since raids came out. I’m ecstatic that this update will bring more incentive for players to do them.

As an avid gatherer,Fisher, and shop keeper I’m also ecstatic about the new recipes and the prospects they may bring to the game economy and progression of end game content. My only qualms about them is the easy accessibility of it. I would have enjoyed having more quests or some challenging way of acquiring them. I guess I’m a player in the category of “enjoying the grind” and it feels less rewarding to just have the recipes handed to me in the basement. And it almost invalidates all the hard work that was done to initially get the 5x recipes from fishing quests.

Overall, loving the update and the new recipes! And my nimbus mount :heart_eyes: great job devs

2 Likes

I haven’t had chance to do shards since the change cause it came out late my time last night and it was as we were starting our raid, so I’m not going to comment about the potions as drops or the effect on the economy.

But I will say it’s disappointing to have the new recipes just handed to you, when the 5x crit/luck/con healing recipes came out I spent a whole day at the weekend drinking ithecac and searching the while game, even in stupid places that I though would have never got checked or used as a hiding place, just in case cause I was hoping there would be 5x int/str/vit, I got stuck in the void a few times that weekend which was entertaining, when necropolar came out I then checked that place too and nothing, it was hard work and took a lot of time, but it was fun hunting around. Even if you didn’t have time to add them in via quest, which is fair, you could have made them like the other missing journal pages so we could go hunt them down, the people that don’t want to hunt them can then find them once we share the location after it’s found like they probably did with the rest of the pages and it would still feel rewarding to those that like to put some effort in

That being said, due to the raid last night I haven’t even looked at the recipes yet but I appreciate that you added them for the players that will still want to make potions, so thank you for that

Just so you know, tiles do not count towards the potion number. Only successful completed potions count and count one at a time, so if you make a x5 it only counts it as 1. So with the x5 I’m sure there is more than what you are seeing on the armory.

Most games have some kind of progression for the crafting/trade skills, so this should not be foreign concept to anyone. It also makes sense as you make more potions you get better at it. Making 100 potions of one type takes about 90-120 min depending on which potion it is. What takes time is finding the rare fish and gathering other ingredients.

We just released patch 6.83 client-side which has some bugfixes around mount summoning getting stuck and not working properly. Thanks!

That’s what I am saying, I don’t feel like grinding fish or materials in the wild cause it’s not worth it anymore for me.

yeah sure, merchant will find a way to still make some money but the runners that were selling them resources, won’t be willing to spend as much time as they did for 1/4 of the gain. I mean I’m just gonna go do shards and I’m gonna make more money then gathering.

So Johann who will still sell you resources for a shitty price, you seems to get the idea of how much time farmer and fisherman are spending in this game.

This killed the fisherman and the gatherer, well I ain’t doing those thing anymore I mean even for fun I’ll just waste my time so, yeah if you think everything is pink with that update and you’re a merchant, then goodluck buying materials.

1 Like

Yes and no. I am both for my guild, fisherman on call more often than just fishing to fish, however, I find it fun to gather and explore the world now as a level 20. Fishing is different, and I see it as a challenge to keep the guild chest full of regular fish (rare fish are mostly covered by another member heh😉)

But nonetheless, there is much less of a need for fishing and gathering after this update, which I think is fine. Give the potion masters, harvesters, and fishers a slight break, let them relax and not get burnt out as I know many are reaching that point.

1 Like

New pages have the same typos I reported via pm 2 months ago. Made a new thread for it:

Just been fishing and it’s now really hard to tell the difference between vibration on reeling in and getting a bite now, any chance you can make it stronger or more noticeable when you get a bite? It’s really hard to watch Netflix while fishing again :sob:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.