Player Muting Patch is Live

Hi everyone, we just put out a client patch to fix the issues with muting, and it should be live now on all platforms. Restart your Steam and Oculus to ensure you have it.

We did some testing on the live servers yesterday and it was effective but if you experience any new issues where the muting just didn’t work, or stopped working, please let us know and describe exactly what happened and the circumstances. (e.g. it worked, you walked away and it didn’t work anymore? Or you muted them and it just didn’t do anything, etc.)

Thanks!

9 Likes

This has been live for around 5 hrs, just curious if anyone is having issues still?

One of the people I have muted was talking (could see in-game speaker icon) but I could not hear him, though it sometimes worked before so would need more time to tell for sure if its 100% fixed but it’s looking good so far

I believe with the current fix you still see their speaker icon activate, you just won’t hear them - but thanks, definitely let us know when you get a chance to try it out more!

I think showing the speaker icon still is good, sometimes I will mute people with a lot of background noise and if I can see they are trying to talk to me directly I can unmute them to see what they want or if the background noise is better

5 Likes

Seems to be working. Was able to mute many players without issue. Ill verify again today to insure they remained muted. Thanks a ton for patching this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.