Poll: Look of drops from hardmode

According to the latest patch notes for the raid release the hard mode drops will look like the following:

Clearly this is the first time the community has any idea of this and I don’t know which users they asked to get an idea as to what would work… I am going to assume none of us.

With that here is a poll (MULTIPLE CHOICE):

What is your opinion about gold foil on the hard mode armor?

• I don’t like the gold foil on the armor
  • I want a different foil color on my armor
  • I like the gold foil
  • I want the option of foil color
  • I want to unlock foil colors based on if i cleared it on perfect or not.
  • I don’t want a foil color and I would rather have different models for the armor
  • other, i stated it below.

0 voters

I miss my old orbus hard mode gear :frowning:

I want to apologize to the dev team for being such a forum activist and causing trouble but… At the end of the day… When you are developing these features it is product management 101 to ask your users what they want and why they want it rather than guessing.

I get the engineering mindset of heads down, headphones on and creating solutions fast (i was a FT engineer for 6 years before getting in to product management) but you have to change hats back to a product one before starting on anything… Identify the real problems, do a quick user story mapping, then figure out what the actual MVP is.

Gold foil is not an MVP because it does not solve the problem…

The problem being that as users progress, they want to look cool and different from lower progressed players.

If you had asked what cool is, the audience definitely wouldn’t have said gold foil. I mean how many people do you know buy gold cars for reference? Do people buy golden gaming PCs and think that looks cool? Maybe in the 80s… Definitely not today unless you want to look like a shiny chicken.

It definitely also isn’t going to look that much different from the golden foil armor you get as you level up (which fails to differentiate progression).

Agreed. I dont have any problem with not having a custom armor design for hard mode, but the foils look awful. I always toss them.

my suggestion would be come up with foil colors that do not obscure the dye color behind too much … like a faint black foil for example. atleast then it allows the user to differentiate shows progression and well… Likely looks cooler than tacky golden foil.

1 Like

I really really DISLIKE (gold)foil at all…

I want like kizzy the old transmogs back, idk who designed all this new stuff but nooooo, the old was just better

2 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this post, I hate gold foil armor, just make new models like you did in the last game. I’m going to be really upset if you guys take the lazy option here, it’s hard mode, not many people will be able to clear it, at least make us look cool, not like we got dumped into a toilet.

I’m so tired of stuff like this happening all the time with this game

@J11 please add the option of: “don’t really care b/c I’ll probably never do HM raid”? I think that’s the point the Devs had in the original thread.

Edit: on the other hand, I do see where you’re coming from and having it only be a gold foil makes me less likely to want to do it in general.

Likely, yea. And YET gold foil is something I put on for fun, it is on my xp-gear (and I quickly take it off again after turning in quests…). Should be removed and just have normal raid gear style.
I mean, what’s the big deal, in the OG hm, expert etc. was all also same style like normal raid, the big advantage - and why I personally would do any hm, in any game… - are stats, not looks. Idc about the looks, if gear enables me to perform better that is the biggest possible reward which is around. Looks are what transmog is for. And to brag and show you was there, in the hardmode, until the end, there’s a boss5-cape anyway, I guess.

I don’t miss the old gear since I find some of the new pretty neat, specially the rep rewards, but for those missing it that should really come back soon (also because there was a lot of time spent getting it, in the first place…); then it’s even more options to style yourself.

hard mode and expert were the same, and while in the stame style, the normal and hardmode plus were very visibly differen

Really… well see how much I care I did not even notice lol (and I farmed most the hm gear, least for my mains).

I don’t like how the armor looks in reborn at all, I think armor used to look way cooler in old orbus… but this is just something we have to deal with

2 Likes

not just hardmode, but shaman hat is, eh, interesting :thinking:

5 Likes

hahaha :smirk::rofl:

1 Like

does it have different speeds?

1 Like

5 Likes

12 Likes

I seriously want to keep this transmog btw…

1 Like

then you need to make always a brrrrrrrr sound :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes