Power Strikes effecting marksman scav fireballs

The weekly mutation Power Strikes is doubling the damage of the fireballs from marksman scavs. These were already over tuned in high level shards but with this mutation every fireball is a 1 shot in high level shards. Even from the non elite scavs.

4 Likes

Yup… Could not do a 13 mines in time due to this.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be much issue if they weren’t nearly impossible to dodge in most situations.
If the fireball acted the same as the sewer slime slime ball and just slightly followed the target instead of being able to do a 180 degree turn and hit you in the back it would be a lot better tuned in terms of difficulty.

1 Like

This… this would be a better alternative to just nerfing the damage. Yes it can still one hit you but it would at least feel like it was your fault and not the game cheating you.

2 Likes

I feel like if there were no marksman in the game that Power Strikes is basically a non-existent major.

2 Likes

If they’re trying to make the abilities of each of the mob classes similar to the playable classes, this would be a little more accurate. Right now, the spells are almost a perfect homing beacon that can make on-the-spot 180 degree turns and almost never miss.

My spells miss - especially if the target changes direction at the last second. I cannot get my spells to turn 180 and come back. Maybe 90 degrees if I’m really paying attention - maybe.

Even some mid-range tolerance between the slime ball and the current mage bolt tracking would be better (though I’d prefer the tolerance leaned more heavily towards the slime boss end!)

2 Likes

If power strikes increased damage by 20% or so it might be more reasonable.

2 Likes

We lost a Mine 9 to this (weakened-combo), not expecting ridiculous one or two-hits on a tank who did countless 10s already… a wipe-feast on every single group with marksmen in it… I mean, is anyone even testing this stuff?
Since the new dungeons are out it’s actually downgrade after downgrade, we are basically playing a whole gear level lower than before the patch, which is slowly frustrating and the risk is high that people loose interest. We downgrade all these overtuned temples already, which every 2nd shard seem to turn into, but then even on the doable shards mutations like this often top it off.

Yea there are surely some exploits to deal with all this, but I mean, really?

PS: Also, both bosses, the first in Temple and the last in Mine (Mage), are resetting now and then, which is the third thing apart from stupid mutations and overtuned AoEs (specially the Mist Keeper one) which is really annoying… I sent a bug report every time tho, not worth an extra thread.

1 Like

It’s mostly the mist that is an issue, the AoE can be dodged reasonably(just not on fatigued). Every tick of the green mist on a solo person who is not stacked up with the others(the tank) does half as much damage as mist keepers normal hits, so on top of dealing with mist keepers hits you’re also basically taking an unavoidable normal hit every other second.

3 Likes

Yea the mist ticks were actually what I meant, however, jumping out of the AoE is also quite a task already for the tanks and we wondered if that is really intended since it is pretty huge and jumping was not necessary in the OG.

The other thing, more on topic, is fatigued: IF this huge jump is mandatory, this is once again a mutation which rules out high shards and makes them unplayable and this time waiting does not help, the shard is doomed to downgrade… we got too many no-play weeks already for certain major mutations (Golden Egg… I wished we could practice this on lower, but loosing a hard-earned 10+ shard to it, no way…), but some minor forcing shards to be downgraded are even worse.

1 Like

we lost a 8 mines dew to powerstrikes the healer and dps dieing how so hard they hit

To append to my comment I still think it is a bit overscaled but after knowing how hard power strikes would hit we were able to do a 12 with weakened as well on time.

Just a heads up, We should be taking a look on the scaling on this sometimes soon.

4 Likes

Yea and how would ‘knowing that’ help if tanks are oneshot…? Yes, you can definitly do all up to 15 on time (it was done by more than one group), however, I know at least 4 ways of “unintended mechanics” making that possible, nullifying dmg instead of dealing with it, and imo that can not be it.
And I am slowly loosing patience that we hit a wall if we just try to play normally, also not with weird group setups like 5 dmg dealers or no healer or what not. No bugging out of this and that, normal group, tank, healer, 3 dmg dealers properly geared and surprise, you run into lots of content just not designed for that…

Our tank was not getting one shot from the first fireball, we had enough time to kill it.

Pala tank…? Because that is what we normally run with (oh and full +5 might also help, however, we ran a lvl 9, +4 should be sufficient, even +3…; and iirc most of these groups came with 2 marksmen, so it’s 2 fireballs plus eventually one pistoler to dodge)

I agree that it is still over scaled, just not impossible. It becomes necessary to kill the marksman really quickly as to not let them get off multiple fireballs. I do think it should be turned down and I agree +3 or +4 should be sufficient. All I was illustrating was that it was possible still.

1 Like

wouldn’t need to be tuned down if the fireballs were reasonably dodgeable

2 Likes

That too would be better as I said before.

The bolts are reasonably dodgeable?..