Preset Class Gear Switching

Long time reader, ~2nd time topic creator.

Apologies if there is a topic on this already, the only topic I could find on the subject was this post:

However, I know this has been talked about a lot in game.

Reason for the topic is to hopefully bump this in the priority list for the devs.

I don’t think there is much to explain but I realize it is a fair amount of work to create this in game and there is always going to be higher priority fixes. With that said, I know a lot of people would love this feature.

I’ll make one additional point that I could see being an issue if implemented:

1. If players have some pieces that are duplicates for both Ranger and Scavenger and DO have the same tilesets on a piece they may want to have the piece used in both presets. While other leather pieces may be set to swap out during a class change. Depending on how this feature is made I could see that being an issue. (i.e. one piece may not be able to be set for multiple presets)

Thanks for reading.

14 Likes

I do really wish there was a button combo for moving items quickly I see some games use left grip right trigger to quickly move items back and forth or equip them

I think it would be cool if it worked in a way where you assign pieces of gear/class items to your weapons. then when you switch to that weapon all the gear and class items assigned to that weapon would switch over or stay if it’s already equipped.

you would have to reassign whenever you get new gear and should also be able to assign the same gear for multiple weapons.

10 Likes

Yeah I really really would like that, I need to switch musky/mage and a faster switch would be so nice

4 Likes

This would be super awsome.

3 Likes

The more I’ve played reborn, the more I need this adding into the game

7 Likes

Bump for next patch. Was not on this one.

Great patching today though!

4 Likes

I like the binding to weapon option, vs manually adjusting via a “wardrobe”. Just a simple button or checkbox to click. The problem I can see with this is when updating equipment. You would run the risk of nulling out gear selected for different sets if you replaced a shared piece. Easy solution would be to add a warning, “This gear is part of a class set, are you sure you want to destroy it.” type of thing. Or “This gear is is part of a class set, it cannot be destroyed or removed from your bag.” This would force the user to update any gear sets with equipment they want to remove from their bags, or destroy.

yes, press whatever and click to auto swap with currently equipped gear. It would also be really handy to add a “compare panel” that pops up so you can see both items side by side when you select a piece in your inventory. Left side shows currently equipped gear, right shows new gear. We already have the tooltips, just combine them when selecting slotted gear.

There absolutely needs to be a way to quick swap between loadouts, whether the gear swaps automatically with weapon swap or if we can create loadouts to quick swap gear (better option as this allows pvp and pve loadouts for the same class). Either way it is extremely annoying to have to swap each gear piece seperately every time you want to switch classes.

I would rather it be more menu based. Say for example you can create an item in your inventory (let’s call it a loadout token) that is moveable that is essentially a combination of all of your gear pieces for that loadout. When you click on that item in the inventory, a smaller inventory opens up with slots for each gear piece. Then there would be a slot on the character in the inventory for the loadout token and you just slot the token in and it automatically takes the physical gear pieces out of wherever they are in your inventory and slots them on your body. You then can make a number of these inventory tokens each with different combinations of gear pieces you own.

Great job on this. Thanks for listening to the players, outstanding.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.