Proposal for a Ghost class talent system

Below to have a bit of fun is a proposal I wrote for a ghost class talent system:

Lvl 5 (Left): Spirit Bomb

All still living players get a buff that allows them to do 0.1% more damage

Lvl 5 (Right): Cosmic Energy

All still living receive a buff causing them to receive 0.1% more healing from all sources.

Lvl 10 (Left): Walk through walls

Your screen doesn’t black out if you poke your head where you shouldn’t in the netherworld.

Level 10 (Right): Premonition

In your grayed out state, a light will appear on a player if they are 0.5 seconds away from receiving a shard debuff (e.g. infection, hot foot) can you call out to your friends in time? Or is a message from the afterlife only a distraction?

Level 15 (left): Poltergeist

You’re dead body will stay where it is, but you can teleport around on your own screen and what’s this? Interact with levers? Maybe you can be a help?

Level 15 (right): Ghoul

You can teleport only twice until you resurrect, however your dead body comes with you.

Level 20 (left): Who you gonna call?

To be battle rezzed, you consume two runemage reagents instead of one, you also get a 5% Dps increase for 15 seconds after being battle rezzed.

Level 20 (right): The Friendly Ghost

If battle rezzed, a reagent is consumed normally, then afterward there is a 5% chance the caster of the battle rez gets their reagent refunded.

Level 30 (Left): Triumph of Heaven

If only one member is still living in a raid party in a raid instance, a die is then rolled (per ghost with this talent) with a 0.1% chance. If triggered, a beautiful light will shine down on the living player and their damage, healing and aggro will be doubled for 15 seconds

Level 30 (Right): Back from the Brink

If only one member is still living in raid party in a raid instance, a die is then rolled (per ghost with this talent) with a 0.05% chance. If triggered, the entire party will resurrect with all former ghosts at 30% health. (Each other players will be debited one runemage reagent in their own position which will be consumed during the resurrection)

Note: A player without any reagents on them wouldn’t Rez during this event although the other players still would.

Rationale: there already is a ghost talents screen with enticing descriptions such as {ghost-talent-description-28} I decided to have a little fun with this and speculate on what ghost talents could actually be. I didn’t want anything gamebreaking or that significantly affects gameplay. Just things that could be fun in an unusual, thematic and kind of rare way.

Rationale for lvl 5:
Pretty basic stuff here heals vs damage.

Rationale for lvl 10:
The left talent is meant to maybe synergize with lvl 15 (left) for maybe an Easter egg or two in a hidden location in a boss room. Otherwise it’s mostly pointless. The lvl 10 (right) talent I don’t suspect anyone to be quick with enough to do anything with, it’s more to make the feeling of helplessness, when you’re a ghost, enhanced.

Rationale for lvl 15:
These are the only two that affect gameplay in a noticeable matter. That said it could add to the experience of being a ghost. I personally think the Ghoul talent could be thematically annoying as watching ghost players teleport around might be just a touch too much. That’s why I limited it to only 1 or two teleports. An alternative talent in place of Ghoul might be to give a 1% boost to a any luck potions a ghost drinks.

Rationale for lvl 20:
Basically the damage vs heals dichotomy again only with your healers’ reagents. These aren’t gamebreaking or thematically annoying and might actually have some interesting gameplay effects.

Rationale for lvl 30:
I really like these two. They’re meant to be super rare effects that you might just luck into but even lucking into them might not be enough to save you. Triumph (left)represents the party placing their hope in the last tank, dps, or healer standing. We’ve all been in battles where say only one dps is left and we watch the boss go from 10% to 1% and then the party still wipes. How cool would to see an ultra-rare powerful buff on this player? Especially if it had a custom graphic. And just imagine how cool it would feel to be that player.

Brink will essentially just cause mass chaos as people clamor to get back in position and maintain the correct position on the aggro table, get into the timing on boss mechanics again, etc. It should be rare enough that it occurring is never something expected. It would be really fun to watch and try to manage. The consumption of reagents is nice too since it’s not just a free pass (instead possibly consuming nine reagent) and the low starting health after the mega-Rez should put some pressure on healers to keep it all together.

Also the reason I put (in a raid instance) is so that these won’t trigger during over world pvp as I don’t think it would be very enjoyable to watch your entire opponents party spontaneously rez.

Also, if this were to actually be implemented, I would gate the talents behind an interesting hidden quest (probably not as hard as horse mount but maybe about 3/4 that in length) that requires to get a rare item before you could enable (or maybe even see) the talents making it a bit of mystery and rumor which is something Orbus players love.

5 Likes

Love the idea and most of these, but the level 30 one is simply never going to happen.
If 9 people in the party die, it’s going to be impossible to keep going as a DPS or healer for any more than a few seconds and if you’re a tank you can keep going for max 20 seconds on some fights if the conditions are ideal, before dying.

This simply does not happen in orbus:reborn raids, the mechanics don’t really allow for it.

1 Like

Ya sadly they decided in reborn with the raid mechanics that it is impossible to survive any fight with a lot less then 10 ppl. And impossible with less then 5. (Actually 2 ppl enough for boss 4 xD)

I like this idea.
Even if we only get the ability to move when dead it makes it more interesting than justing sitting and waiting in longer fights

1 Like

Another class to lvl up! Oh wait…

2 Likes

Yea why a quest, let’s level it! By getting better and better in dieing! That’s gonna spice up dungeon runs so much… “wait what, you died, AGAIN??” - “uhm… only 6 deaths till level 20…” :smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.