Public Event Issues

I am posting this in bugs since at least one event I did today is impossible, and worse than in the beta…

• Essence Cave: This was one of the soloable events in the Beta, now it suddenly seems impossible. Was there right on start, ran in almost straight lines, not running into mobs, not missing any shard, using the mount all the time. That is ALL a solo player can do!! After 5mins the bar was not even half-full, so it is a definite fail with nothing to change about that; we ended up with 3 people at last and closely did not make it.
  • Knights Fort: I don’t even expect to solo it with no roomscale, but all the groups I was with (2-5 people) failed it as well, in the last beta and now, still. It was pointed out many times but nothing changed in the health of the catapults. Mobs get into angles where their shield can’t even be broken.
  • Fishing (Rainforest): Was also mentioned already, pretty arm-taxing, not impossible, but just awful to solo. Kept hitting the dreaded musky bubble with fish as well, like an invisible wall and if I run into any mob then that is mostly it. Why do we have to throw that many into the boat in the first place?

Events are boring enough to solo, now it seems like we are forced to spend the full 8mins there, trying, and then not even makin it or wait for a group… I bet the wasteland/hulthins are also unchanged, so currently running between the few soloable HS and Rainforest is it.

2 Likes

i found it to be incredibly easy to solo. it only took me about a minute. (i dont throw the fish, i push out from my torso like iron man) it is much more accurate and i hardly ever miss.

this one i’m assuming is always going to be impossible with more ppl because after 4 ish ppl it starts spawning 2 of the casters on the same side… which is just instant failure. Also, anyone who isnt a dps on this event makes it significantly harder

Fine for you, but then you happend to have different numbers (they might be randomized btw since I remember soloing much shorter portal events than others, always doing the same thing, no mobs spawning). As said, I am in constant movement; using the mount. In a minute there weren’t even enough fish around to be close to the end; and the more it goes on the less you can take without pulling - worst with characters for which mobs show yellow or red - which costs time.

I am guessing that the Knight’s Fort event has been completed considerably less than the other world events… Why is this?

1. The adds deal too much damage to the Ballisters or the Ballisters need more health.

2. 2 or more shielded ads spawn with more than a few players. This is tough because the ballisters take too long to reset hence the ballisters get killed and you fail the event.

3. The ads are hard to hit because of their shield.

It is not that it is impossible to complete… But very hard… Hence everyone skips it.

I am reporting this again because it still looks like it has not been tweaked.

1 Like

Thanks we’ll take a look at these today.

2 Likes

I noticed that the fallen castle chunk event and the defend highsteppe gates events were rather uneventful once you get more than 5 people participating. A handful of enemies would spawn on top of us, and then get immediately destroyed, after which everyone would sit there waiting for 30 seconds or so. I don’t know if it’s possible to dynamically adjust the spawning in accordance with how fast the mobs are dying, but I think that it would make the events more engaging.

An update on this:
Essence Cave: Well doable now, never experienced the high numbers again from the incident in original post.
Fishing (Rainforest): Iron-Man-tipp was helpful, throwing from the chest is muuuch easier than throwing the fish in an arc over the head, also figured you don’t have to go all the way to the shore, no more issues with that one as well.

Knights Fort still broken as noted many times, but it’s on dev list to fix, current thread is here:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, it’s super helpful!

In addition to problems making events more difficult as mentioned above, there are a bunch of issues where mobs spawn in events and do not aggro on anything, or there spawn and can’t be aggrod or they spawn and path weird or they spawn and path weird and can’t be attacked for a while. Worst cases I’ve seen are in the broken castle and obnobi encampment but happens all over

Okay one to add for knights fort…

We just went to do knights fort (the one I haven’t been able to complete for a week);

We came with 3 people… 2 body blockers and a ballister/dps guy…

A 4th guy showed up who was unable to accurately shoot the shielded guys and failed the event for us… He didn’t respond to in-game voice when we asked him to not take that role and dps instead and so we failed the event because of this one guy who was non responsive and kept playing with the ballisters…

Can you either; make the shielded mobs much easier to hit with the ballisters or; add 2 ballisters on each side. Also upping the ballister HP a bit would solve for this.

Updated the patch notes yesterday with changes to this event.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.