PvE DPS Class Balance

Lmao wth are you talking about. Not to much of a personal fan of you but that was pretty funny

Yeah cards should be more important. I ran a simulation which can get the damage increase to max 45% BUT that is assuming every shot had a card available which is absurd of course. So I would guess it would be around 20% max dps increase you can get with cards.

Should be way more in my opinion.

Edit: disclaimer still want to note that not everything was accounted for yet. Will work on that. But it is definately getting close to a good estimate which is useful information on itself.

Edit2: uugh I was using dummy (fake) numbers and forgot about itā€¦ Ignore the resultsā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t knowā€¦ Who might I be talking aboutā€¦?

chez_omega3

Chezil? lol?

whoa. I donā€™t even know who you are there is no need for that.

1 Like

how does it compare to say, the average ranger and average mage from your calculations?

Why donā€™t we all do the same damage? :slight_smile:

If everyone did the same DPS this game would fail as a MMORPG

Didnā€™t compare it with that yet, only simulated the cards. Not the damage over time. It was purely finding out the % boost theoretical possiblity from cards. Which I might or might not improve on in the near future.

So from looking at the limited logs I had available, scoundrels are dealing much lower than rangers and mages on averageā€¦ So I guess the next step would be theoretical damage (which you already simulated) and some target dummy damage over time again (which someone such as cam did a great job of last time) and that can give us a clearer indication of why it is generally under everyone elseā€¦ Is it a lack of practice from the community because it is a fairly new class? or is it also lacking some damage on average?

Dont worry gang, I am sure reborn will get better.

Na I donā€™t think I stand strong enough to say the theoretical has been proven. But I can say with 99.999% certainty it will never reach 45% damage boost from just cards xD

Never going to happen.

1 Like

Accurately predicting card damage contribution makes for some very complicated formulas.

I know what I am doing. Or maybe I am wrong and you can prove it better. I think I did a very accurate similation as far as I know. But still working on it really.

Lol, are you just trolling or being dumb. I canā€™t tell. You are saying 2 different things.

What is your in-game name?

No man I actually donā€™t want to get anywhere near that math given the many variables involved like which rotation youā€™re using, whether youā€™re forced to discard cards to get the combinations you want, and the probabilities involved in those. I think a much better approximation would be for a consistent player do a couple of runs with and without cards on the dummy.

1 Like

Na I donā€™t like practice only tests I want to know the optimal strategy plan :stuck_out_tongue:

Provide a quote, and provide information that backs up your statement/question so I can actually form a rebuttal.