Pvp Paladin nerfed to hard?

No, palladins are not op damage side. They are on the weak end

Yes the heal may need some type of reduction in pvp.

Yes they need some damage reduction back.

1 Like

@dylan_l1 please stay on the topic. Yes eating a affliction is bad, yes healer are strong in a group, but can we get back to balancing Palladin?

I have bin testing it out a bunch, intentionally skipping jumps and rushing instead of hammer hopping.

Palladins in the pvp arena with no armor are way to squishy, and do not do enough damage to justify it.

They need at least some of there damage reduction back to stand a chance.

1 Like

They are OP with all their tools combined not just from the damage and the only way to balance that is to nerf their damage so it doesn’t effect PvE. If you want to keep the damage, they would need to nerf the healing, reduce the aoe of the point and click to add some skill and put a higher cd on the teleport.

Im guessing you dont play paladin. If your aim sucks and they jump around, a paladin will heal up and grind you down. Same with a bard or musky.

Thing is your tactic is wrong. Just wait for the paladin. Ready your spell, charge up your gun. Because despite all there movement they ARE FORCED TO get close. When they do, fire, jump and repeat. Or just stand still and keep shooting taking the hit. Palladin stands no chance. They have to run or die. They are not tanky at all, and can’t take meely hits, despite being a tank meely class. A warier will wreck you if you try that.

It’s stupid, but the way to deal with the tank is just to tank them. Higher dps wins.

Paladin needs damage reduction back.

1 Like

Paladin is one of the easiest class I have been playing. A scoundrel can empty his whole chamber and not kill me. I can build up charges wait for them to teleport and take them down to 20% in a blink of an eye. I can also easily outrun anyone to go heal. As a paladin it is pretty easy to dodge players and set this up. It does take that much skill. It takes less than 10 hours of gameplay to get good at paladin if you are a veteran player. I agree they do need more survivability but that needs to be balanced by lowering their burst damage.

You are describing how Palladin was pre nerf. Scoundrel will kill a palladin empowered and full chamber. I did test this.

edit
You edit your responses a lot after I question them.

Tried out my paladin for first time post-nerf. Got my butt handed to me by mages and scoundrels. Very different than what it used to be and was not particularly pleasant.

For record, died so fast I couldn’t even hit people once without getting the drop on them because they would jump around so much and since I have to be in melee they just had to dance around.

Especially bad since now the two ranged attacks are (1) visible (hammer toss, which also allows people to see where you’ll teleport to) and (2) on 5s cd (Retribution).

You really should do some more testing. It depends if they crit with the empowered shot. If they don’t you will survive a full chamber.

And then die to the next two shots, which they can still do long before paladin will hit them or get up another lightning strike? :clap: definitely need pally to be nerfed again /s

1 Like

If you are dodging it really shouldn’t be an issue. As a paladin you can dodge or run away and heal. At that point the scoundrel used their good cards and can easily work them down.

Uhh… scoundrel can just power up a heal card for when you return , and your back to squair one. Most probably you will be killed if you try to run with a sliver of health. It’s no difference to dodge with a paladin at close range with no orbs as any other cars, so you will probably die against a scoundrel that is litterly the hardest class to dodge, beeing a rapid point and click attack at high speed

1 Like
  1. We were staying on topic and it drifted away and i brought it back up.

2. The convo did not involve you so if i was directing it to you I would have @ed you.

3. The convo we were talking about included pally and other class that were nerfed/ buffed to much.

Back to the " irrelevant topic" Scoundrel can kill any class because it is overpowered. If the scoundrel were to be nerfed, it would take a lot of the current pvp problems away. I don’t see an issue with pally in pvp. They have tons of ways to damage other classes, and if you are a good enough pally then you should have no problem winning 90% of the 1v1s you run into. You guys are trying to put pally in a state were they are going to win 2v1s and 3v1s. I personally don’t think a pally should be able to kill a good healer but the healer should not be able to kill them. Pallidans are a tanking class not a dps or a healer. They have high amounts of of burst dps which can annihilate most classes. ground slam, an unavoidable aim attack, hammer throw, and they can crit all of those attacks if need be.

1 Like

Your saying this as if it’s a fact, but it’s just not correct. They are not tanky at all. Paladin can not act as a tank in pvp battlegrounds. Palladins can not absorb damage. Palladins can not take hits. Palladins can not block anything.
Yes tecknicly they can heal, but there health is to low so they are probably dead.

1 Like

If you are playing pally to “block” incoming projectiles then you have been playing pally wrong. It is a dodging class, if you are bad at dodging you are more than likely going to lose against somebody who knows what they are doing. You are also ignoring the fact that they can win 90% of 1v1’s if they know what they are doing.

(Change’s post) You should get more kills when you sit back and snipe…lol

If a Pally has to dodge to be effective, how is that any different from any other squishy class? Tanks should be able to take hits.

1 Like

Only things that I feel would make the meta better is Paladins base damage nerfed and damage reduction buffed/reverted same for the Orb generation from incoming damage, Charge shots on scoundrels getting a damage reduction on players when you’re within 2 yards of them and Mage base health buffed.

4 Likes

Warriors can take hits, and they can do massive damage with their wound combos. Pallys are able to do 3+ different attacks that are all effective.

I feel like scoundrels need diminishing returns and mages need a pvp damage buff. Every thing else i agree with.