Question about Fishing Lures

Is true that it’s possible (As of this current patch) to catch every type of fish using a single component? I am aware that most fish react to multiple lure components (Like sunfish who like eyes and tongues) and that having those multiple components that fish like increase the chances of catching it. But I am wondering if it is possible to catch every type of fish currently in this game using single component lures (Assuming that the player has every type of lure that can be made with a single material)

Yes. Every fish has at minimum 1 lure it can be caught with. No fish yet require 2 lure parts.

But are the chances for some fish around 1%-ish without 2 components? I have been unable to catch two fish in particular while using a single component and an attractor. Maybe I am just extremely unlucky…

I’ve had trouble figuring this out as well. The game says Catfish like Feathers and yet Feather lures don’t catch them. Tooth and Feather lures catch the same number of catfish as Tooth lures too, so I’m not sure if the fisherman was wrong or if something else is amiss.

Here’s what Riley specifically said when I asked him about this:

This last quote was in response to someone stating that they have caught every fish available using only one part.

1 Like

I totally agree.

I’m wondering if I’ve actually found all the single-components that are available for fishing. Perhaps there are one or two end-game only lures or lures that have to be crafted.

Does anyone know?

From the WIKI :

Lure Parts

Currently, each lure may be created with between 1 and 3 ingredients. Ingredients for lures can be found by simply killing monsters out in the world. Right now there are 10 lure parts that are available: Lesser Eye, Small Tongue, Small Tooth, Blue Scales, Feathers, Rotten Finger, Bloody Flesh, Shinny Metal, Large Minnow (must be caught, not dropped from monsters), Eye Worm. Once you have collected some lure parts, you’re ready to make a lure! .

So 10 items ingame for making lure parts

So, the shiny metal and eye worm are in the game. And, they’re monster drops.

I tend not to trust the wiki, since most of the data comes from beta.

I figured by level 16, I’d seen all the fishing drops by now.

Thanks for confirming.

can confirm that the wiki is up to date in regards to what Decnav posted

1 Like

This page must be a little out of date then:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Crafting_Ingredients

Edit: Now it is up-to-date, though I didn’t have all the table information at hand.

Ya that was a community built page, anyone is welcome to edit the majority of the Wiki, just follow the guidelines here (https://wiki.orbusvr.com/OrbusVR:About)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.