Question to the devs

When are you going to get rid of all the bugs you got in the game?

Im not hating but you guys released a unfinished game and are planning a DLC before ensuring that the game works (longer than 30minutes) without having a crash.
And honestly thats what frustrates me a lot. I would have paid 40 or even 60 dollars if the game wouldnt crash EVERY time i play.

I know thats a hard question but why do i still ask it? I just want to know when I am able to recommend this game to friends without a bad conscience because like the game is right now you habe to be obsessed with the game to enjoy it which is very sad. I think this game could be the greatest VR game but I have the felling the devs arent focusing on the important work and remember: 2020 will bring us 6 new VR MMOs… so i wouldt waste time.
Sorry for the bad mood as I wrote before Im not hating the game and I think theres great potential. Im just very frustrated that the game isnt finished at all. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

They are working on it, sadly it’s not just some simple thing that they can instantly do, they have new tracking in place to help find the causes of the problems and are now starting to get more fixes out there, you can read more about it in this thread:

1 Like

What headset are you using?

Oculus Quest (but since the game was listed at the oculus store for the quest it should be optimized for it).

Thank you!

But they didnt post a roadmap, plan or a date in the thread. I just want to know approx. when the game is playable.

See if that helps. I play on Rift CV1 and disconnected ONCE in the past week. My little brother plays on Quest and rarely disconnects.

1 Like

Thank you! I already read that thread and followed all tips. My Wifi runs (only) with 5hz and I reboot the headset everytime before launching Orbus. Sadly nothing changed.

No the game is not optimized for Quest, nothing really is which got decent graphics, it’s a wonder it runs at all imo. I’d recommend Oculus Link if you really wanna play vr, I hardly ever crash (every couple days I do but i’m used to that from other vr titles…), it’s mostly those folks either on a bad headset or old pc who crash all the time…

(And I would not recommend the game to other Quest users anyways, except they are real casual. It’s nice to peek in and do quests and all that, but I did not meet one quest user making it to the hardest dungeons in guild yet - those using link excluded - and it is also a visibly worse performance in raids if people use this headset instead of their real one).

@Metris_Marshmallow
Thanks for answering but are you serious? If it is not possible to play the game normally on the quest, why is it sold there? Maybe I do not have the money to buy a VR capable PC. You can’t tell me to buy new technology. Instead the developers should just remove the bugs for the quest if you want to sell it there (best would be to release the game only when it has no more bugs).

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Wow thank you for your (not childish) „help“.
And how i wrote before: I followed ALL tips.

Arkaic runs end game content as a Quest user with no link. No idea about others though

2 Likes

Hi, we’re sorry for the issues and frustration. I saw that you followed the suggestions in the FAQ/common issues thread, and we’re sorry that didn’t help.

While it seems like frequency of crashes and issues like that vary to a large degree between Quest users, this is something that we are actively investigating. It’s difficult to give any kind of date as to when your particular issues will be stabilized since it’s the kind of issues that happen at random intervals, but we’re working on it.

At what times would you say you’re experiencing them the most? Transitioning between zones? Randomly in the middle of combat, moments like that? It may help us pinpoint the situations that lead to crashes.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the surprisingly fast answer.

Problems with Oculus Quest Party: These are always present when I start the game. All party members either don’t hear or are not heard by anyone (the problem affects all party members, as I said, btw they are all Quest users)

Bugs with the Mage: Again and again during fights or when several mages are around casting spells, it often happens that I can draw with the wand but can’t activate the spell or that the game crashes.

Crashes. Crashes always seem to happen when I change zones or when I am in dungeons. Otherwise crashes do occur but then much less and randomly.

Otherwise there are many different bugs (which I will report with the ingametool in the future). For example, a few days ago I wanted to buy a dragon in an auction house. This was not possible.

Sometimes it happens that I can hand in completed missions multiple times.

Often the animations are buggy (enemies’ lifebars are not displayed or animations are not shown)

And there is much more I will not mention, because these problems have often been mentioned here in the forum.

Thanks again for the answer and keep up the great work I’m looking forward to a well working MMO! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information. We’ll investigate the Party issues too and see what’s going on with that. Just to clarify, you’re referring to the Oculus Party members not being heard in game, correct? not in-game party members?

For the auction house issue, can you elaborate what you mean on it not being possible to buy the dragon?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes the Oculusparty members didnt hear me.
So i tried with one of them to leave the Oculus party and we tried to speak through the ingame party. This worked most of the time but we had to relog quite often.

Regarding the Auction house: I pressed on „buyout“. I pressed on „confirm“. Nothing happened. So I tried it a couple of times and nothing happened. So i rebooted the quest and restarted the game and tried it again and nothing happened.

I hope this helps you at least a bit. Thanks!

I have seen it several times now in dungeons where two people will be able to hear each other and not the other three. Or some combination where someone might be able to hear you but not others.

Getting the whole dungeon party to re-log fixes it, if it works out where right people can hear each other.

When it happens you do see their microphone symbol show up though

1 Like

Following up on the Oculus Party stuff after having the chance to test it some, it looked like at the moment if you start the party before entering Orbus then the game won’t detect your microphone, but that if you form the party while already instead Orbus then you’re heard in both.

Has that been working for you?

1 Like

Thanks for the fast help and reply!
I appreciate it a lot :slight_smile:
When having the next game sessions with friends I will test this and report back here.

My friends deinstalled OrbusVR since the game is not finished yet.
So i wasnt able to test your suggestion.
However I still appreiciate your help.