Questions regarding Code of Conduct

Hey there!

First of all: I dont want to sound too nitpicky but this is just a thing that is so damn annoying, at least for me.
I’m talking about people standing afk while they’re broadcasting their TV, Radio, dogs barking, etc. all over the place.
This is especially annoying in Highsteppe where you sometimes have like 3-4 of those guys.

I have several questions regarding this “problem”:

1. Is this a reason to report someone? I found the following sentence in the CoC:
    “You may not spam or flood messages or proximity voice chat. This includes but is not limited to; repeatedly sending messages or party/fellowship/friend/trade requests, making extremely loud noises for no reason, and broadcasting audio from third party sources into the game.”
    So at least for me it sounds like it is but just to be sure.

2. Wouldn’t it be better to automute players after several minutes being afk(like 5-10)? I know there’s a mute button and I know that it will work again soon but it’s still tedious to mute so many ppl.

As stated before I really don’t want to sound rude by addressing this, not at all, so maybe just take this as a reminder for some people to mute yourself before you go afk.

Thank you for listening.

1 Like

Hi there, it’s a good question, thanks for asking.

In general, this is a complicated subject because a lot of it can be by accident, or be unaware of it. You mentioned stuff like dogs barking or a TV being on, I’ve heard stuff like babies crying and such, and it’s hard to tell whether they know just how much their microphone is picking up.

If you know or think that someone is doing it on purpose (like say broadcasting music or loud videos) or keeps doing it after being told/asked not to and it is really disruptive, feel free to report.

As for the second part of your question, is mute not working yet? We pushed a patch yesterday and it worked in testing, is that incorrect?

1 Like

You’re totally right. I never intended you to just punish anyone even if he didn’t do it on purpose.
That’s why I was thinking automuting would maybe be a thing so they don’t annoy anyone if they did it by accident or on purpose.

At least it didn’t work for me like an hour before 4.81 but I guess you mean 4.8?
It worked fine first. Hands vanished and the guy got muted. But after like a few minutes his sound reappeared by himself with his hands still being vanished. I was able to unmute and mute him again. But it happened again.

did you use the personal bubble ( both menu buttons at once) as thing only last 5 minutes and mutes everyone in game, you then have to mute them from the nearby player list for it to be permanent.

I muted him useing the mute Button out of the nearby Player list

I found a guy snorring loudly once. Mute mostly works, but is a bit buggy

1 Like

I am a loud music guy, most of the time I just turn off all sounds in orbus, mic included. Im sure I forget sometimes, so just mute me if I forget, Ill never hear you over the music. If I need to talk, I have to take off the headset and mute the music, and re-enable vive audio, so I just wave alot and keep moving

If there some way to implement this afk thing? I myself would actually like being forced into the lobby/login area when I’m afk for 5+ min.

We’ll definitely add the suggestion to our tracker and take it under consideration. Thanks!

I don’t know how it is for Vive, but the rift microphone is crazy sensitive. I left the headset on by accident while playing portal 2 with my brother while talking on the phone, and even with the headset being locked in a desk drawer he still heard everything from both that and my phone at the same time.

I feel like either the oculus or steam platform should push some extraneous noise cancelling logarithms through and not leave all that to each and every dev to figure out.

is it against code of conduct to make ghost sounds near the fisherman and hide behind trees?

5 Likes

If anything, that sounds like an Orbus folk tale in the making! :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.