Random disconnected by websocket errors

My spell lines disappear a lot and I get massive delays as well at times. It was worse yesterday than most. It’s been happening for a while. Also, been happening to other mages in our guild.

1 Like

Yes I noticed that too, spell lines disappear and delays…its been happening for a while for me too, but yesterday was without any words

Edit: the disconnect thingy started for me 11 days ago and its getting worse now, i noticed it the first time when himo and me had the disconnects at the same time

I think the key point here to consider is the difference between people who have been having problems for a long time (like Johann or Onde) and people who have only started having problems recently. It seems to me like the people in this thread who are reporting the issue only having started (or greatly increasing in severity) in the past 10-14 days are all from the EU area. That would certainly point to a common thread.

I have no idea why it would suddenly be happening, but I will reach out to our provider and see if there is anything they can tell us.

Something else you could do is do a tracert to game-direct.orbusvr.com and see what that tells us.

2 Likes

I have been having the problem for a looong time. But it has massively increased in severity the last few days.

done and sent. Thanks :smiley:

the spell line dissapearing sucks so bad… and the delays forced between casting also yeah :frowning:

ummmm… are we supose to click that link? cause I get nothing…

1 Like

Sorry, you open the command prompt (type cmd in start menu) and then type tracert game-direct.orbusvr.com and that’ll brings up a lot of info on how the connection gets to our server.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
You need to express these things for us slow ppl.

1 Like

Yes, i am.

I doubt that it is “suddenly” happening, but more that the severity and frequency has gone up so that you are getting more people affected by it, and they are being affected more often resulting in more reports. As far as i have read while my issue has been going on, many have reported variations of what i have described in walls of text in “my” thread but with less frequency.

Edit: I guess you could say that the difference is that i gave up after reporting on the issue many times, while a thread of many having it at once got more attention.

Edit 2:
For the sake of clarity, this is the thread i have been reporting in for those who may be curious:

Gonna get interesting after july to see if Dc continues, getting a new provider with redicalous speeds :drooling_face::drooling_face:

Gonna re-install my whole computer if it’s persisting :rofl:

A friend of mine live traced the disconnects of today and they show that the Amsterdam and London path are buggy. So those are creating the disconnects from the EU ATM:

I noted the same thing in the traceroutes that J sent me. I do think there is something going on in the path between EU and our servers that has been bad or is getting worse.

I have some plans to try switching to a different networking host next week to see if the helps. Have your friend do tracerts to 35.184.239.132 and see if those look any better.

He says the IP is not traceable. I also can not trace it. It stops at a certain IP network:

Me being the friend mentioned here, i already got the mtr working so i will keep it running for few hours and post the result.

It’s interesting that the second hop is right into Google’s own internal network (this is a Google Cloud server). So I think that might be a good sign.

complete trace looks like this (actual screen)

Alright, there’s a mtr after 6 hours of running.

Looking at the long list (i cannot upload, see below) there are many route changes, but i cannot say if they are proper load ballancing ones (looks like that since there are no endpoint drops or large jitter changes) or failovers (that would produce same lags & drops as with actual llnw). Since there is not a single packet lost on endpoint over 6 hour period (mtr is still running and will be for the rest of the day btw), i would assume the better option (load ballancing without any lags&drops).

Oh and apparently i cannot post anymore since i am “new user” and am limited by 1 image per each post and 3 posts per topic…

Okay, well I will see about getting that switched over this week and see if that makes a difference for the folks who have been having problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.