Reborn Beta 4 World PvP and Battleground Feedback

I combined some of my previous feedback and put it on this thread as the other thread got pretty derailed.

Reborn 4 PvP Feedback

I feel like the fights are over a little faster than they should be. The first one to land a hit wins more times than not. I’d like to see the fights last a bit longer. I’d recommend increasing the hp of all characters by 2 to 3 times of their current HP or cutting all dmg and healing by 50% to 66%. Obviously, you’d have to look at the mob scaling in PvE with this adjustment.

I would like to see more cc in the game. Having cc adds another level of strategy to these fights.

World PvP

• Got stuck in combat multiple times even after I killed person I was fighting with, need a better system for getting out of combat for PvP.

• There needs to be a period of invulnerability for people who have PvP turned on when logging in, doing the dragon racing, returning from dungeon que, and battleground que. As it stands right now, you are a free kill if you are coming back from doing any of these activities. The invulnerability needs to be a few seconds and any actions negate it. (i.e. moving or attacking)

• There needs to be repair vendors somewhere near the graveyard in every zone. Otherwise you could be stuck there with no equipment.

• Right now, if you get in combat, you can run to a graveyard safe zone to stay alive. Either the graveyard safe zone should only work when you rez or if you are in combat when you go to a safe zone, the safe zone won’t take effect until you are out of combat.

• You shouldn’t be able to use the portal stone if you are in combat.

• If you die or get killed by another player in a faraway zone and aren’t able to find and kill the player that killed you. You are basically stuck in that zone as you have no reagents and can’t use teleporter to get back home or trade with anyone.

• Allow the use of the teleporter, but make it a 60 second cast with no movement or make it so you are allowed to use the teleporter in safe zones

• Allow pvp players to trade with each other in safe zones. Right now to trade, we just graveyard/kill each other.

• When in the city of HS, a PvP player cannot trade with a non PvP player. The PvP player has to disable to be able to trade. There is really no reason why they can’t trade in the city. Please make it so all players can trade with each other in Highsteppe city.

• Instead of giving extra havestables for players that have PvP turned on, I think it makes more sense to have extra nodes that only players with PvP turned on can see and get. As it stands right now, a non pvp player can grab the node and there is nothing the pvp player can do about it.

• If you do a mission with pvp turned off and go back to town and turn your pvp on, you can turn in the quest and get the pvp bonus of 10%

• For the danger out there in the real world, I think the pvp xp bonus for killing monsters should be 20% more. There is a lot of risk farming mobs with PvP turned on, as it is pretty easy for someone to kill you.

• When a pvp player logs out, they should have to remain still. As it is right now, I can hit the log out button and run away from whoever is chasing me.

• The wall fix really won’t fix the problem of people hiding in walls. It actually makes it worse. Now you can hide in the wall and no one can see you if they pop your head in. There needs to be a fix where it pushes you out if you try to go into a wall.

• If you die by a mob in a safe zone you should not drop your bag. i.e. Tressus would kill players and someone could pick up your loot and have no way of getting it back.

• When you leave a safe zone, there needs to be a pop up saying “Leaving safe zone”

Battlegrounds

• There seemed to be quite a bit of invisible walls throughout the bg area.

• When queued, it would be great to see how many people are in the que. (the same for the dungeon que as well)

• There were numerous times I got stuck in combat and couldn’t heal, even after I killed the person.

• If someone kills you and you have DoTs on them, they take no dmg from the remaining ticks of the DoT’s. They should continue to take dmg from the DoT’s until the DoT’s run out.

• You can currently camp the opponent’s graveyard so they can never leave. The red/blue graveyards need to give the person invulnerability to whoever’s graveyard it is while in that graveyard, so they can’t be camped. This will also deter camping since they will be able to attack the opposing team and the opposing team won’t be able to hit them back as long as they stay in their graveyard.

• Please add all three locations at the top and indicate which color team has each flag. It’s very easy to miss the message when someone grabs the flag.

• Needs to be a message that comes up if the player is less than max level to remind them to choose their talents. I saw a lot of new players forgetting to select their talents

• I thought you mentioned somewhere that killing other players in a bg would give you experience. Is it suppose to?

• When you first get teleported into the battleground, everyone should be held there for a 15 second countdown before starting to allow both sides to change classes and assign talents.

• Winning a bg should give you some bonus honor and/or exp.

• Please put signs at each location so players can tell which location is which.

• Please add something like a wristband to know which color your team is

(I was going to provide feedback on balancing but with most the classes without talents, it’s probably better to wait until each class is finished. So I will wait until next beta to provide feedback on balancing classes)

6 Likes

Would also be a good Idea to inflict damage that slowly ramps up if a player is inside a wall for a prolonged time. Pretty much agree with all the points in this post.

Too add, I would personally ask for some indication where safe zones are located. It is easy to say that the grave yard or certain areas are safe but we have no way of knowing the perimeter of the zone. The current wilds have defined boundaries so that I know when I am safe and when I would be in danger. Just stating it on the forums does no one any good in the game if they don’t read the post.
Also, with PvP on you can not add dyes to your equipment.

One thing I forgot to mention, is my spells and scoundrel shots were going right through players. Also, I would dodge an arrow or spell and it would somehow still hit me.

a chance of an extra fish while pvp is on would be nice, also I noticed “rookgaurding” is possible, if someone was board/rude enough they could camp outside of a safezone killing someone with broken gear that has no chance to live.

I’m thinking more like a Fatigue Bar from WoW. When you enter an unintended area you have 10 seconds to leave it or else you die.