Res ability for bard and other thoughts

It would be cool for the bard to have a resection ability. The Musky is able to res dead players so why can’t the bard? It would make the bard even more useful. I feel the bard lacks a bit in what a support should have. There is a reason players go for musky as a support x3

On another note, the speed passive and crescendo is pretty much worthless.
No one uses combat sprint and the speed boost is nearly no existent.

Just my thoughts

2 Likes

Bards have some advantages over Musky, however, the resurrect is definitly missing!

And a shield orb would also be nice for supporting tanks, I mean, even shamans got a shield totem why not bards.

Been wondering this for quite a while myself, Mage and Musketeer can raise, why not other classes?

It’s more useful than instrument of protection and instrument of defense, those are the truly useless ones. In raid boss 2 HM the extra speed can be quite helpful with all the ring jumping you have to do(tho not necessary) and there are people who use combat sprint(or maybe it’s only me) but for minor movements it’s a lot better for maintaining DPS as a mage with lend a hand(so you can dodge without redirecting all your spells) and occasionally as a warrior for adjusting your position a bit without moving your shield away and maintaining provoke.

If the “other thoughts” means discussion of speed moves is an on-topic that why can’t I have the Musketeer’s “Speedy” talent trigger on turret saccing instead of turret expiration, or maybe even both. I can think of many pvp shenanigans I would pull off with this and it seems like it would be balanced since saccing the turret is generally a big deal and the speed gain is nowhere as good as paladin hammer throw.

This talent is almost never run (even in pvp) because improved lifewell is so much better.

Edit: Also Bard already has an instrument to do this at will.

That would make speedy more reliable as you can activate it more effectively. Make musky a total nightmare in pvp however I feel, making the musky a troll pvp class x3. But, I’m not good at pvp x3 and the times a do pvp, I hate going against musky to begin with.

But your are right about improved lifewell. Even if speedy was changed, people would go lifewell anyway.

1 Like

The improved lifewell is more or less just as useless tho, you don’t need life well all that often and when you do the normal sized life well is more than big enough. Improved lifewell only increases its size, not healing capabilities.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s hard to even theorycraft or test Speedy in lvl 30 PVE content. Since muskie is a healing class, as soon as you run it, people will tell you they want Improved Lifewell instead. (They’re right, but still.)

I’m not sure about PVP, muskie doesn’t need a buff there as it is a played (and strong) class, but saccing the turret loses you a lot of healing and utility so it would probably still be balanced.

Fun fact, people have also been asking for this change to the talent since the talent system came out. See here: Speedy Turret improvement to Talent

Could be wrong, but the text says it increases size and duration. The size is mostly pointless, but the duration boost should up your total healing overtime for a fight especially if it’s a boss where you, tank or dps can stay in the lifewell for a decent amount of time.

you’re right, didn’t remember that, but it’s still not all that useful. Pretty sure almost any healing situation would be pretty much the same with or without it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.