Scoundrel Is broken in PvP

I did not want to address this and was hoping that it would get noticed and fixed on its own, but it is not. Scoundrel in pvp in general is a good concept for its background ( having to curve bullets to do dps) But its not this way at all in pvp. If the chances of a ranger 1 hitting anybody in that matter is very low and mages cannot spread 3 afflictions any more, why should scoundrel be able to not curve bullets and 1 hit a tank or any other class? Just about every class in pvp requires a certain amount in skill and technique to be good with and get kills. Scoundrels hide around corners or just rush in with a charged shot and flame card and 1 hit anybody regardless if it is a high crit or low crit. Many people just play scoundrel because it is overpowered in pvp and does not require much skill at all. I’m not saying make it so that they cant 1 hit people, i am personally saying make it so they at least have to curve to maybe a T2 or T3 curve to get a 1 hit because scoundrels running face to face with another player, and shooting in a straight line and 1 hitting who ever they hit is not fun nor fair. But i feel like the scheme with the scoundrel has run much longer and farther than it should have.

5 Likes

Yeah, they are crazy broken. It’s just the current meta to face rush someone who is already stuck in combat and one shot with a flame card- then run around until you do it again. However, I think balance isn’t a priority over bugs right now. Look at the pvp changes pally got that didn’t address the major complaints towards the class at all.

Scoundrel should have diminishing returns based on range- basically doing maybe 30% of max damage if they are breathing your air and having to be like 15 meters away to hit full. (Just one possible solution that leaves the strength of the class but requires a bit of skill)

4 Likes

I do agree on diminishing returns

Not really that broken it’s just every casual mounting up with a flame card and running into your hit box, It’s strong no doubt but removing anything will just make the players switch to ranger and do the same thing with charge piecing.

Never seen a scoundrel one shot a paladin or warrior in 4k kills however the paladin a tank class can burst 70% of your health by touching you for 0.2 seconds with also having infinite moment around the map with their hammer out running anyone.

3 Likes

Paladins needs a minor nerf, Scoundrel needs a major nerf.

Why? Because I am only able to cast 1 1/2 spells against a good scoundrel whilst jumping around when even when we are nearly point blank and my spells take too long to travel to a scoundrel from distance. There is no close range or long range fight. It is just death either way.

I nerver understood why 1shot is classed as op.
It was the argument for why ranger first got nerfed in the old orbus, resulting in them becoming the weekest class, as burstdammage was there strong point.

But even then it requierd planing. Charging orbs against enemies, max Range, charger piercing arrow, sneaking up, and bam.

Sounds like a similar thing for scoundrel.

For me a fast battle is more fun then a long one, just up the other weaker classes damage, and your good.

I will admit there ability to save cards and empowered untill they hit is a bit messed up :-p
Not really the same way as Rangers charged piercing works.

They decreased the damage to have longer fights because most players didn’t like the old 2-5 seconds battles, hence why a one-shot is OP now that every other class can’t do it anymore.
Also the problem with scoundrels is that almost all of them just rush in your face with a charged flame shot ready and oneshot everyone except paladins.

3 Likes

I don’t see the insta killing in battlegrounds as a Scoundrel. It only happens after I get a rank V on an enemy from far and THEN I rush in. Only then I can insta kill depending on the amount of charge and the class I am against.

And there is definitely a huge skill difference between scoundrels. I have been in multiple battleground with 3+ scoundrels and they still sucked xD

Too bad i don’t record otherwise i could have made a montage of how many times i died without even getting in combat, and even when it’s not an instakill they only need one or two basic shots to finish you so they can still kill you in 1 second or less.
While there are obviously bad scoundrels, it doesn’t really take a lot of skill to face rush the enemy and no other class can deal that much damage in one hit.

3 Likes

it is a powerful class but it is like paladin class in the idea of its a very get up close and bullet spray. I would prefer the other classes be buffed instead of beating them down to become useless. just look at over watch and the failure that is there ability to balance (according to a lot of its player base.) the scoundrel is a good class to use for it but it has its weaknesses. team shooting it will down one quick getting behind them and keep moving. after the first shot is done most tend to fire off a volley if thay miss it has the reload of a healers cannon.

I think you are forgetting about rangers. Rangers charged piercing deals massive damage as well and can 1 shot all classes but paladin/warrior.

I think all PvP damage needs a pretty good nerf. Pallys are still broken. The last “nerf” to pally’s really didn’t do anything. They have to much survivability to be able to deal that much damage. To many classes can still 1 shot. (Ranger,mage, scoundrel) Still can’t see mage spells which makes it even tougher to fight mages. For scoundrels I’d like to see the damage nerfed for basic shots and increased damage for curved shot ranks. I think the first shot that puts the rank on should get the damage bonus. This will add more skill to the class so people are just charging in as much.

shiki is a rainger :joy:

Yeah but he is spam ranger. Spam rangers suck in doing good damage on a charged shot. + they don’t have their globes in pvp. But yeah a precision ranger with all their globes does more damage in 1 hit then a scoundrel.

I haven’t actually oneshot anyone in reborn with a charged piercing since they decreased all the damage in PvP, the only massive damage happens on a crit and it’s still less than what a scoundrel does with a flame charged shot.

You are not going to get globes in pvp since everyone jumps around so much and if someone stands still for long enough to give you globes they’re most likely new to the game’s pvp and you could easily kill them without globes anyway.

1 Like

I’m quite sure you still can’t one-shot with a ranger sence the nerf in old orbus, at least not in battlegrounds. @Landru can you?

I have been one shot by a ranger when I was playing scoundrel.

Good rangers will stay at range when they fight scoundrels since scoundrels range isn’t that far.

I think the point of this thread is what Shiki says… Nobody likes a battle that ends in 2 seconds. It is stupid… Especially when a point and click class that takes a day to learn kill you after you spend over a year trying to master yours.

3 Likes

I do like the short fights. Otherwise it would be impossible to win from an 1 v 2 or be useful in a 1 v 3+

2 Likes

On a 1 v 1 battle I understand the battles wanting to take longer. But breaching through multiple ppl is really only fun and worth trying if the battle doesn’t take ages IMO. Otherwise the smartest thing to do is just always running away.

Charged piercing shots seem to do about 50% of a paladin’s health and maybe up to 70% on less defensive classes. That is with out any globes up. As Shiki said you will never have globes up in PvP.