Server Side Patch- Triplicity Talent

If it’s mostly rangers, then why did I see only a few in that alphabet normal mode speed run?

From what I think you are saying, I agree. If each class were balanced, then for one thing no one would get salty, no one’s ego would get to big, and the less skilled players wouldn’t be left in the corner. Is that what you are saying pretty much?

I do understand Senpai’s frustration. I get annoyed by it too. I am fine with them speaking up, but when something like that for some ppl continues for over half a year, and when random other complaint and sentiments are thrown in I also get the feeling of ‘please go’. Because the legit complaints change into just finding a way to downgrade the devs, make the game look extra bad and feel like more trying to find a way to whine for not having fun in the game anymore. Instead of having a legit complaint to focus on. Extra points sometimes not even relevant to the complaint are thrown in together with some speculation on the motivation of that persons choice just to support the negativity. Not everyone is doing that in the same degree, but ya that part annoys many who aren’t done with the game.

I do still think triplicity needs to be rebalanced again of-course :wink:

2 Likes

The game is evolving as are the players, I am a beta tester for other VR games, there is a great deal of change there as well. As with any situation, real or VR, a person has to adapt and grow with the change or “go by the way of the dinosaurs”.

Complaining once is a contribution, twice is whining, three times is petulant and unnecessary.

Not exactly. I’d much rather, “everyone is OP” over “everyone sucks equally.”
The best example I can give is (a pen and paper game by contrast) Pathfinder 1st edition to Pathfinder 2nd edition. You go from 1st edition either having a largely fluff character that’s bad to ‘powergaming’ and the character accomplishing a lot, with a large gap inbetween to 2nd edition’s, “wow, all these characters suck and don’t do anything, even at higher levels.”
Like, why go past level one in 2nd edition if it doesn’t give you cool bonuses or interesting mechanics? There’s no incentive. In the same way in Orbus, if your runemage (and possibly later other classes) rotation and damage have no scale relative to levels and practice, then what’s the point? You’re just spamming fire 2 for 30 levels, then you move on to the next class, if you even make it to 30 before changing to something more interesting that requires less effort.

If the people that quit can’t voice the reasons they quit then the game will continue to go in the wrong direction abd more people will quit and the players that have left will never come back, as devs, you want an active community that will stick around and help it grow

Right now the communication from the devs is bad, think back to when the game was in beta, the communication between devs and players was amazing back then, right now if just feels like we are being ignored and the changes made no longer are in line with what is actually needed and that is what is driving people away

Devs asked for feedback on this triplicity nerf, we gave it, they ignored it, now it’s so bad it’s not worth using, we told them that, they ignored it, nothing changed, players left.

7 Likes

Thats not what makes a VR game fun or different from a desktop mmo. If you want a game like that then play a game like that.

1 Like

Exactly summarized rickness :smile:

They asked for feedback specifically on in relation to overall class balancing and wanted to gather ‘information’’ (whatever that meant). The information given was mixed and the facts although more towards the not nerve side, were very weak and based on not much.

When they made the change however we checked more into the effect that it has. Now the general concenses is that the change was badly balanced. This wasn’t the case before.

However the thread still goes on, thus what I am guessing is the devs still feel the need to still listen how the discussion plays out in the end before making another drastic change. Or they still looking into a new solution, or keep it. Its a lot of work to find out the actual effect of those numbers… We don’t know, but you can’t expect and assume ‘they did nothing’. So far maybe they didn’t but keep making sure they understand it is bad and they will change it. Butttt keep telling that they just ignored it and don’t listen. And that they are going to continue down this road with stupid nerves, ya that would make them not willing to listen to ppl calling other ppl crap and deaf eared.

We still forgot to check the effect of triplicity on downtime fights which I won’t be surprised on being a lot higher %.

1 Like

I cleaned up the thread of the giant derail, some random posts may have gotten caught in the crossfire, just FYI. We appreciate constructive feedback, whether positive or negative, and there’s no reason to post about why certain people shouldn’t have an opinion, and you also don’t need to convince others of yours.

These forums are the greatest when people can express their ideas without putting down others, and that’s what we’ve always tried to encourage.

On the topic at hand: We understand completely that this is a subject a lot of you are very passionate about - we asked for feedback so we can assess how the change affected the meta of the game (with choosing other talents, rotations, tile sets, etc).
We are observing to see how this affects the game overall, so if there is additional balancing of the triplicity talent it will come in the future.

5 Likes

I was going to write a really long winded reason why player numbers are dwindling… But you can probably just search my name on the forums and see exactly what is going wrong here.

I was hoping that I would come back to a nice populated game with great working mechanics and interesting new mechanics but it seems I will instead be coming back to a new dungeon release that nobody feels motivated to do (probably because everyone thinks the core mechanics will be buggy and they don’t want to beta test again) and a mage nerf that made half of the good mages quit?

What on earth is going on in your product team.

5 Likes

the mathematical way to test this is to add around 10 second down phases where you can do nothing, except for keeping up tiles and on certain bosses it’d be pre-firing at the boss with afflictions and or fires and frosts.

pre-change this would be:
Pre-firing on certain bosses with afflictions fires and frosts and then casting triplicity
or
precasting triplicity and casting 1 affliction during triplicity and timing it so the spells from triplicity lands whilist boss is coming out of the downphase.

I’m pretty certain bosses with downphases where you can still apply afflictions fires and frosts will favor not using triplicity, but any bosses that makes you NOT hit the boss UNTIL the downphase is over (Boss 2) triplicity will be “better”. And I say better in quotations because I’m not sure if triplicity is worth using on boss 2 if you also have to include dodging at this point, but theorticaly that is a way to test it.

I am liking the new dungeons and the new affixes so far :man_shrugging: need a week of experiencing it though before having a full opinion. I found the jump to conclusion of alphabet of bad shard affixes in 1 day from selecting the hardest dungeon so far in the game and not fnishing it a bit too much of a short jump to conclusions. Will zip :zipper_mouth_face: on this part now because this was clearly a derail (of J)…

True, I already had a plan to calculate the dps of a few of those fights for a future post.

my best guess is that any bosses where you can still be doing something to the boss (hitting them) triplicity will not be better.
Dungeon troll, teapot (a good practiced runemage will be able to show this), technically lich king and sewer slime, the only one I can imagine not following in this category and likely to “improve” dps is only Boss 2 (Can’t hit whilist blue), and I was just thinking boss 5 but this is not the case, you can still apply afflictions and proc tiles while the boss has a shield.

I cleaned up the thread of the giant derail

Good, glad to see that the dev(s) are reading this thread at all at least. As you know, a large portion of the better mages in the game left because of this, possibly as the last straw for them, rather than it being everything, but still.

Which brings me to this:

so if there is additional balancing of the triplicity talent it will come in the future.

When you say ‘in the future’ you are signing your upset player base to be upset with no end date. As far as we can be concerned, ‘in the future’ is never, even if not so. I really do hope you take the time out of your day to revise this change from scratch.

With several hundreds of hours of practice under my belt, i can spam all the spells in the game very fast and with great consistency, even including the more useless ones such as light, firework and pushback 2. I don’t want my skill to be turned into a party trick, which is where runemage is heading, seemingly. Now i play a character that can’t move while drawing, has the lowest HP in game, can fumble their spells (which even i fumble spells often!), and only has comparable damage to other classes. At this point, who would even want a runemage with them in shards?

Edit: changed a word

1 Like

Effective hp, every one has about 100k hp I believe. Runemage is cloth, having the lowest armor, less effective hp, but the same amount of hp wanted to clear this part up.

but I agree with the “party trick” thing.
Triplicity seems mostly a party trick talent now.

2 Likes

Mages are still some of the most powerful utility in high level shards with Polymorph and Decurse.

Not disagreeing with any of your other points.

True, however small that may be a point, since it isnt the only class that can polymorph or decurse. Even if it were, people would just switch to runemage, polymorph and switch off the class. As for decurse, musky can decurse, or even heal through the dot.

1 Like

Scoundrel has the lowest effective hp. Not runemage. I think shaman is equal runemage? So mage is middle man hp dps? Or is shaman better hp? No clue