Server Side Patch- Triplicity Talent

Archive is way better at mage than you are at scoundrel. Literally leagues ahead. Thats why he does more damage than you. Weapon levels are pretty minor when talking about DPS potential. They do give a boost, but most of your DPS comes from skill, and he is just way more skilled than you are.

3 Likes

Well I guess that means that as soon as the next MMORPG comes to VR, everyone will be switching and Orbus will be left in the dark like it already seems to be. There are way fewer players and the quest players got really mad bc they cant compete in PvP because they have no way of seeing their attacker until they get to within a certain range. A ranger can literally sit outside of the view of a quest user and kill them while they haven’t the slightest clue as to where it is coming from.

Lets give people more reasons to quit.

1 Like

If weapon levels don’t matter so much, then why did he do so much more? He should have been a lot less than that because 45k dps for a scoundrel at +2 isn’t exactly common.

Cam pulled 40k with no curving or cards at all. Granted he had a +4, but I am willing to bet that you have way more practice than he did. The reason that it isn’t common for scoundrels to get 40k+ is because 1) there are not that many scoundrels, and 2) there are no scoundrels that have practiced enough to bring out anything even close to the full potential of the class.

None of that matters anyway, because you are still doing way less damage than Archive after the nerf. It proves that the majority of his damage stems from his skill, not his +5.

Because I practiced runemage for 7to 8 hours a day for about 3 months and I even watched myself cast and noticed things about myself and fixed errors, and I pushed myself to be better every second of playing (some runemages with the same playtime as me i dont think was at the same level as me) and I believe thats all just how u practice as well, mindless practice doesnt get u anywhere.

2 Likes

Exactly. There is a difference between playing your class and practicing your class.

I think it’s because the devs “balanced” the classes assuming runemage could cast around 13 spells per triplicity or about 1.5 spells per second.

Shortcut innovation and much practice and runemages cast 2.3-almost 2.5??? spells per second

If you want a game with same dps than everyone needs to be facing the same limitations (Not the game I want) and make the limitations pretty simple.

I didn’t mention anything about 70k dps with a +2
I hit 70k dps without pots with about 2.4 cast speed on a dummy with a +5

I hit 36k dps with a +0 about 2 months ago casting about 1.5 spells per second (in a shard 10 with pots), if I did the same thing (before triplicity change) but I casted the same speed as I could now, I’d probably be doing 56k dps with +0. (with pots)

It’s about the skill difference.

1 Like

Feel like that was more of a tangent because I felt like I needed to elaborate that it’s not all about gear.

But in all seriousness:

Triplicity dps increase of about 8% ONLY if these requirements are met:
No afflictions (Contrast to normal rotations this is a dps loss)
Fireball dmg boost talent working on triplicity “correctly” (Which triplicity doesn’t[flat %])
No frosts [removing tiles]

So in order to obtain the same dps gain that the devs have “intended”
You must: Not cast afflictions (Dps loss)
Either not cast frosts (which then you don’t have tiles for runemage anymore) or try to make a tileset with: Different timing tiles (Dps loss) or have healing tiles (tile instablity; dps loss [esp for faster caster there will be too much interference])

Or you could:
Make 2 extra tiles for more tile stablity for a rotation without triplicity
Always have a 10% dmg debuff (dps increase contrast to the triplicity “boost”)
Require less frosts for upkeeping tilesets (overall dps increase)

In many cases as well (Especially those who don’t stick to a hard rotation [99% accuracy and ‘correct’ rotation]) you actually don’t even break even; you lose dps the slower you cast and the more lax you are in a rotation with triplicity.

You could argue that it’s still a dps increase; no, unless you never cast afflictions or frosts (removing tiles) you won’t ever see a dps increase from using triplicity.

I believe that this is unintentional (Actually I am just hoping here), otherwise if the intent of the change was to make triplicity useless well… yeah.

I’m just hoping to see that the devs do realize that they did fuck up the triplicity change a bit, and would like to point out to the devs that the change isn’t exactly what they had planned (Assumption that they don’t want triplicity to be useless) in order to achieve a change.

1 Like

This is more than just about one class, The changes impact all classes and the games a whole. Some say it is a very positive move where your classes have an opportunity do you have a tremendous effect in the game. Not every person wants the perfect or even get involved in This single class, but are mindful that the days where a few who possessed great deal of power in the game are over. Many. See this as a good move.

I stopped playing because of this change. That doesn’t mean my opinion doesn’t matter anymore. I would happily come back if the mage skill distribution was reverted. That’s why I’m continuing to defend my views.

• It isn’t hard to add more skill mechanics to other classes (i.e. instant respawning weakpoints for ranger)
  • People who are dissatisfied with mage doing too much damage should look for a balancing solution between classes, not within mage
  • This change removes all the complexity of mage rotations and makes the lvl 30 talent worthless

I think that the game improves if other classes get mechanical improvements, which is why I encourage that. I’m also fine with class balancing. This change is not class balancing.

4 Likes

As entertaining as it is to watch Archive (whom I can only assume won state for his debate team at some point) run circles around the conversation, I’d not only like to reiterate my views to show conjunction with Sift, Cam, and Archive saying that if other classes were simply uncapped, they could adjust damage values just the same - for each class - for the exact same “balancing” effect they went for here to bring everyone in line with mage and cause everyone to have more depth and rewarding gameplay.

However, with this nerf in mind, I can only speculate that they’ll go the opposite route. Next will be a ranger nerf to “bring them in line with everyone else”, possibly a shaman nerf after that for the same reason, followed by dungeon and raid difficulty drops because nobody will be able to finish runs anywhere nearly as quickly. Which, at that point everyone will be roughly “balanced” in that beyond a hundred hours or so will no longer have any effect.
Because just like it’s shown, even in a very recent game (Borderlands 3), once you start soft capping things (guardian rank), the content is, for all intents and purposes, over.

1 Like

If it’s mostly rangers, then why did I see only a few in that alphabet normal mode speed run?

From what I think you are saying, I agree. If each class were balanced, then for one thing no one would get salty, no one’s ego would get to big, and the less skilled players wouldn’t be left in the corner. Is that what you are saying pretty much?

I do understand Senpai’s frustration. I get annoyed by it too. I am fine with them speaking up, but when something like that for some ppl continues for over half a year, and when random other complaint and sentiments are thrown in I also get the feeling of ‘please go’. Because the legit complaints change into just finding a way to downgrade the devs, make the game look extra bad and feel like more trying to find a way to whine for not having fun in the game anymore. Instead of having a legit complaint to focus on. Extra points sometimes not even relevant to the complaint are thrown in together with some speculation on the motivation of that persons choice just to support the negativity. Not everyone is doing that in the same degree, but ya that part annoys many who aren’t done with the game.

I do still think triplicity needs to be rebalanced again of-course :wink:

2 Likes

The game is evolving as are the players, I am a beta tester for other VR games, there is a great deal of change there as well. As with any situation, real or VR, a person has to adapt and grow with the change or “go by the way of the dinosaurs”.

Complaining once is a contribution, twice is whining, three times is petulant and unnecessary.

Not exactly. I’d much rather, “everyone is OP” over “everyone sucks equally.”
The best example I can give is (a pen and paper game by contrast) Pathfinder 1st edition to Pathfinder 2nd edition. You go from 1st edition either having a largely fluff character that’s bad to ‘powergaming’ and the character accomplishing a lot, with a large gap inbetween to 2nd edition’s, “wow, all these characters suck and don’t do anything, even at higher levels.”
Like, why go past level one in 2nd edition if it doesn’t give you cool bonuses or interesting mechanics? There’s no incentive. In the same way in Orbus, if your runemage (and possibly later other classes) rotation and damage have no scale relative to levels and practice, then what’s the point? You’re just spamming fire 2 for 30 levels, then you move on to the next class, if you even make it to 30 before changing to something more interesting that requires less effort.

If the people that quit can’t voice the reasons they quit then the game will continue to go in the wrong direction abd more people will quit and the players that have left will never come back, as devs, you want an active community that will stick around and help it grow

Right now the communication from the devs is bad, think back to when the game was in beta, the communication between devs and players was amazing back then, right now if just feels like we are being ignored and the changes made no longer are in line with what is actually needed and that is what is driving people away

Devs asked for feedback on this triplicity nerf, we gave it, they ignored it, now it’s so bad it’s not worth using, we told them that, they ignored it, nothing changed, players left.

7 Likes

Thats not what makes a VR game fun or different from a desktop mmo. If you want a game like that then play a game like that.

1 Like

Exactly summarized rickness :smile:

They asked for feedback specifically on in relation to overall class balancing and wanted to gather ‘information’’ (whatever that meant). The information given was mixed and the facts although more towards the not nerve side, were very weak and based on not much.

When they made the change however we checked more into the effect that it has. Now the general concenses is that the change was badly balanced. This wasn’t the case before.

However the thread still goes on, thus what I am guessing is the devs still feel the need to still listen how the discussion plays out in the end before making another drastic change. Or they still looking into a new solution, or keep it. Its a lot of work to find out the actual effect of those numbers… We don’t know, but you can’t expect and assume ‘they did nothing’. So far maybe they didn’t but keep making sure they understand it is bad and they will change it. Butttt keep telling that they just ignored it and don’t listen. And that they are going to continue down this road with stupid nerves, ya that would make them not willing to listen to ppl calling other ppl crap and deaf eared.

We still forgot to check the effect of triplicity on downtime fights which I won’t be surprised on being a lot higher %.

1 Like