Shaman Rework Suggestion

Hi Orbus Team,

This may have been suggested before, but what do you think of having the lightning and fire totem spells set as default.

For example, instead of totems for those two spells, when your mask/weapon is on you can hold down the grab button to slowly summon the lighting or fire spells in your hands. If you put away your weapon, it can go back to being able to grab items again. Then your totems will be for the utility/aoe and can remain on your belt.

This way in boss fights you can still dodge hits and attack back, but positioning is still important since you get a buff from you totems. The balancing would come from how long the spell takes to form in your hand before you can throw it.

This would also solve the times I go to grab a lightning or fire spell and accidentally grabbing a totem on my belt.

I really want to main my shaman, but it’s just doesnt Feel good running back a forth to your totems.

Thanks for listening!!

1 Like

I think this would be a good solution to moving dps for shaman. They would become more useful in mobility bosses and pvp while still desiring to set up camp for optimal dps/buffs.

1 Like

Interesting idea, but I’m not sure how it would handle the Stun orb as well since it’s the other one you throw.
As a side note, I think your current issues with Shaman already have fixes in-game. There’s 2 things that help with grabbing orbs/totems. For one, there’s a setting option so you can reposition the totems on your person. I lowered them a bit so they don’t overlap anymore. Also, one of the Shaman talents is Reach, which lets you just point your hand at the totem and get the orb from a distance away. This talent makes a Shaman so much more fluid to play.
As for needing to get to your totems, once you get to level 30 the best play style is actually to throw down new totems for orbs instead of using what’s already there since one of the talents makes the 1st orb from a totem always crit. So really you’ll want to get Lava and/or Frost next to the boss for the debuff, then keep throwing down new totems to get constant crits. The orbs do recharge slightly faster than the totems do, but don’t feel like you need to use each orb that spawns. Set your totems down, throw your orbs, if you can stay throw the second orb before setting down new totems but if you have to move just abandon the totems and put down new ones when they spawn. There are very few bosses that actually need you to move around to keep up DPS anyway.

2 Likes

Where is the setting to change the totem heights on your person? I struggle with them being the same height as the spawned orbs

General tab “Relocation Anchors”

1 Like

Thanks! :ok_hand:

If you “take out your mask” your belt items go invisible making it easier to grab totems and have less collision. I used to think shaman was in a bad position, but I’ve adapted to the playstyle and I enjoy it quite a bit now. There are some changes coming Aug 6th that could make the playstyle even better, depending on how lightning crit works.

2 Likes

yeah exactly… I fear that most likely (since if we take what they say literally) if crits arn’t automatically calculated upon leaving the hand, the most optimial position would still be right next to the boss/mob in melee range.

I calculated shaman’s lightning totem to be about 40%+ of shaman’s damage, and to make best use of lightning totem after the change, you’d still have to be right next to the boss/mob (if crits were calculated when it hits, which i’d assume they’re doing?).

what it does tho is: Shaman’s minimum damage will be increase, max damage stays the same

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.