Shard vendor idea

I think it would be a good idea to have a way to trade one type of shard from breaking down gear to another. For example turning in a set number of minor shards for a major shard and a number of major shards for a glimmering shard etc. This would give a use for minor shards, add to the economy, and give us a way to get effervescent shards at a more reasonable rate. An easy way to do this would be via a vendor that trades shards. I think a 5 to 1 ratio would be about right. So 125 minor shards can be turned into 1 effervescent shard.

14 Likes

This would be so tight I feel like I need more blue shards than anything else

This! Got 30 blue shards from like all content I ever did. Now one reroll (one) to the proper affix can consume 20-30 shards easily.
And yet the only reason to reroll a blue is while leveling and you want to do that very, very frequently - for example if you level chars in dungeons, preferrably, and want xp gear out of that.

A vendor like this would be an awesome idea, and also boost the shard-farming since people do not have to get legendary drops anymore to reroll a legendary weapon.

3 Likes

Yes! Please that would be so great!!!

3 Likes

I think this is a really great idea. Would love to see this implemented.

4 Likes

Yes please

Would be a nice conversion option, and would kindof fix the problem of the low amount of blue shards for reerolls.

Idk. Are we all willing to lose another rarity of the game? I personally don’t want this to happen.

As Scott said I feel as if re-rolling items of certain rarities is a luxury you get from playing the content that provides those. Want lots of blue shards? Play normal dungeons. Purples? Shards etc.
The ability to re-roll enough to get what you want should be a reward for playing that content, not farming other (easier especially) content

1 Like

Note that the getting what you want on a legendary can require about half a stack of everesent shards. The same with purple gear with two stats.

Now me and most OG players I know had a steady stream of shards from raids and trixterchest, as well as quite low level shards dropping some.

This is not the case in reborn.

My guess is farming a stack of everesent would require at least 500 high level shardruns

3 Likes

At that point this is a min-max issue. Especially with legendaries, it should not be the case you can just re-roll a legendary to what you want. It should be done with hard work.

Although all legendary affixes should have noticeable and unique effects. Maybe not what you want most (which is where re-rolling comes in), but every effect they have should be worthwhile.

All of this is a min-max thing. It should be expensive and time consuming to do, even more so for the best gear such as purples and legendaries.

1 Like

Well, my stacks of everesent shards make a neat little row. I guess I’m good. Somme light pvp and a alarm clock was all I needed, or I just bough them for 2000 dram at the stalls.

The hoers of work needed to get 125 minor shards seems a lot Harder, not to mention costs more :-p

It’s very rare to get a purple from a shard level 1-3 so it’s a lot harder than it used to be to get glimmering shards, sure some of us have them left over from the old game which is all good, but the newer players are unable to min-max properly because you aren’t able to get enough of them to reroll your gear, it took me around 140 to get my full set of gear to the correct rolls on all pieces and I used 45 effervescent shards on my legendary bow before I decided to just settle for a sub-par roll as I need to save shards for when I get a +5 legendary in the hardmode raid as they are harder to come by now and who knows how many it may take to get that perfect roll

1 Like

I highly doubt that xD Doing about 800 T10 shards in the old game didn’t even get me close to 99 Efferescent shards. (more like 15) Most of them you get from raid tokens instead.

(Hmm okay I have no statistics to talk about for Reborn. I guess you know more about how much easier legendaries have become in Reborn?)

1 Like

No, random guess, probably verry optimistic :smiley:
Donated the extra ledgendaries I got so far, so I’m probably getting a lot less actually…

Yeah we old player might have like stacks of purple shards, but new players dont. And now you can reroll your gear too, we will be out of shards soon, if you want specific stats. And farm them, urgh will take a while, because you can get blue gear from low lvl shards.
Sometimes It can even take 30-40 shards to even get for example unbending on a weapon. RIP new players…
And dont even start to talk about legendary weapons…

2 Likes

Exactly. How many legendary drops did we get in the OG, most just refrained from rerolling legendary weapons since it was so few; the raid tokens were the main source of them, later, but they are not in reborn, yet (and possibly not coming back).
So currently it’s pure luck if you get an unbending one dropped or not; and now with trading available will ANYONE actually be a jerk enough to shard those instead of giving it to someone in the party?

Those having shards from the OG are the big winners, everyone else looses out.

Raids the 11th could probably help.

The monopoly of old players having something rather crucial to the possible dps is something I find rather worrying.

Having a shard upgrade system, be it 5 for one, or even 10 or 20 for 1 would be more fair.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should look at legendary re-rolls as something crucial, more of an end game luxury / stretch goal.

1 Like

You know without a reroll your legendary can be practically useless… it got SAME damage than purples SAME secondary affixes (possibly worse; infusion is needed) so if it got only one useless affix on it you can as well delete it and use your old.
The two affixes - certainly in a half-way decent combination - is all what makes a legendary “legendary”.

I know hardly one of the OG which did not have at least 1 legendary drop, over time, so I don’t think it’s a luxury.

1 Like