Some bugs with the tutorial

I just played the game for the first time yesterday. I made my character and whatnot with ought any hiccups, but on the tutorial there is no practice dummy. I also was unable to sheath by sword once I drew it. I am using a windows mixed reality headset, and understand that Orbus has yet to fully support them. Thus I am left wondering if this is a common bug with the headset or something else? In any case I believe I cant continue with the story until I do this tutorial. Any help would be welcomed!

This post should help. Maybe.

I have read that, but it doesnt address my issues. I can still talk to the npc, but no training dummy appears. Thats my main issue, there are others but thats the main one.

ya there are tool tips that use the haptics of the controller to appear that arent appearing for you if you are on MR headset. you should be able to follow that tutorial guide and do what it says (I tried explaining the tool tips best i could). If not let me know I can help you through it.

Btw, what do you mean by tool tips? Like a unsheath your sword kind of tip or…?

Ya they are built into the tutorial so the first part of the tutorial after bart gets done talking he will tell you to take out your sword then a tool tip (a dialogue box coming from your controller while controller is vibrating) appears and tells you to use the grip button behind your head to un sheathe your sword, but if you dont do that then the tutorial wont progress and the dummy wont appear. it gets complicated later on since we have you swap for your bow and move bow from right to left, etc

ALRIGHT, So I ended up getting it to work. Had to restart the client. Wondering tho… how does one close the journal.

Grab the back of the cover, at the binding, lets you reposition it, or put it over your shoulder, in your “backpack” to store it.
You can’t lose it, if you leave it open somewhere, just flip your compass and it’ll be back with you

Good thing I cant lose it, I left it back at the training camp to fight some deer god thing

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.