Specific Feedback Request: Performance

Hey everyone,

For this test we’re particularly interested in feedback on game performance on your system. Please tell us:

1. The specs of your rig (e.g. GPU, CPU, headset type)
  2. What Graphics setting you felt comfortable running the game on

So for example:

Intel i9-7900X, 1080ti, Oculus Rift
Ran on Ultra with no problems

Thanks!

Intel i5-7600K, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift
Without problems on High, maybe some lag-spike when someone shoot me with spell into my face.

1 Like

Intel i7-3770, GTX 1060, Vive
Ultra is playable.

1 Like

Intel i5-7600K, GTX 980Ti, HTC Vive
Ultra is playable, with a few hiccups here or there. High is smooth. I did crash about 8 times over the course of about 4 hours, but not sure if that had anything to do with the graphics level/quality.

Intel i7-7700K, GTX1080ti, HtC Vive

Ultra most of the time but with some weird ui “stutter”. The inventory window seems to “shake” slightly when accessing it. Very hard to explain but it goes away when I set the game to High.

Intel 4790K, GTX 1080, HTC VIVE

Testing zone, 1st combat arena, tutorial part

Ultra graphic settings, with SS at 1.2, with asyn reprojection enabled and interleaved disabled = No problems

standart graphic settings, with SS at 1.4, with asyn reprojection enabled and interleaved disabled = No problems

standart graphic settings, with SS at 1.5, with asyn reprojection enabled and interleaved disabled = No problems

standart graphic settings, with SS at 1.6, with asyn reprojection enabled and interleaved disabled = Limited by gpu, small stuter some times

standart graphic settings, with SS at 1.2, with asyn reprojection disabled and interleaved disabled = frames droped any time i open the inventory and some random stutter

standart graphic settings, with SS at 1.4, with asyn reprojection disabled and interleaved disabled = a ton of frames droped any time i open the inventory and some continued stutter, unplayable

more performance testing later.

** forgot to mention, i crashed 2 times when changing graphic settings from standart to ultra

7700k, GTX 1080(388.31), HTC VIVE
SS at 1.0

I am very sensitive to low frame rate and re-projection. I get less motion sick and find it much more pleasing to the eyes when I have a smooth 90fps with NO re-projection.

Ran on HIGH. No problems. Smooth for the most part.
Ran on ULTRA. Re-projection which I consider to be a problem.

Is Ultra playable? Yeah if you are the type of person who doesn’t care about the low frame-rate of re-projection.

1 Like

Intel i7-4790K, AMD Radeon R9 200, Vive

Low is all I can manage, before the new art style Low would sometimes but not often chunk frames, now its framey in Highsteppe and Guild City but fine outside of those. Everything is always framey if I’m anything above Low.

Do you mean a 290? Or…?

I think we are targeting the 290X as the Minimum Requirement currently…

Yeah I am very sensitive to framerate drops as well. Our “target” is for the 1080 to run on High with little-to-no framerate drops, and the 1080ti to run Ultra, so what you’re saying lines up with that. Thanks!

That would make sense, so based on this thread an upgrade to a GTX seems like the right option?

Of course it depends on your budget…the 1070ti just came out at the same price point that 1070 was at, so you could get one of those or my guess is the 1070’s will be dropping in price soon. Of course a 1080/1080ti is best but those are quite expensive. If you’re really on a tight budget, the 1060 can be had for around $200 and should run things on Standard with no frame drops (and someone in this thread even said they ran it on Ultra, but my guess is that is thanks to a lot of async reprojection, which not everyone is as willing to ignore).

1 Like

I’ve just been looking into getting a new card recently and I’m learning towards a 1070ti, just might not have it till EA. Thanks for the help Riley!

GTX 970, i7 4770, 16 gigs DDR4 ram. Barely able to get 90 fps on low settings.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the feedback. The 970 is what I hope our minimum requirement is going to be (which would entail using the Low setting), so I will see if I can do some work to make it run better for you on Low.

3 Likes

Great to hear. I am looking forward to seeing what the next generation nvidia cards will be able to do and if they will be able to bump the SS up a little bit with the excess power.

1080ti running at 2.0ghz, 7700k, Reprojection on almost every setting but low. Would the Steam Advanced Settings, I’ll mess with supersampling settings and edit.

Yeah be sure that you are running at 1.0 Supersampling in SteamVR. You definitely shouldn’t be getting projection on a 1080ti…

ryzen 1800x, GTX 1080ti, vive
Ran on Ultra with no problems