Steam client and Oculus quest/rift

Oculus quest is on the corner , and most of us will buy them and we had the steam version.
The question is , we need to buy it again or we can have a key for oculus store ? ( same as Elite dangerous already did to steam users )

Thanks for the info

I also want to know the answer to this question. I am not asking for a key to unlock the game on the Oculus store because they wont give you one.

What I am wondering though is will we get a copy for the quest if we purchased through steam.

I really hope so

You will have to repurchase the game on the oculus store if you bought it on the steam store to use it on the quest, you can however log into the same account once you have purchased it in the oculus store to play on the same character and carry on with the progress you have made on steam

Yep not happening… there is no way I will ever buy a game twice.

Like a say , frontier with ED give you a key for steam , and later they give you another for quest with no cost.

Im in a telegram chanel with 1k more ppl in there and many people ask about that so they can buy today for Reborn , but some are thinking in buying Valve index on release too , so having to open orbus with REVIVE is a pain :confused:

Wish we have a oficial response as soon as posible.

That’s your choice, I will be buying it, I have over 3000 hours played time on steam so as far a value for money spent, its possibly one of the best I’ve got and I’m happy to spend it again

1 Like

I have no problems spending more money on a game like buying in game extras or cosmetics. But to make customers pay for you game twice on different platforms is just BAD

Here is the dev response on it

1 Like

Thank you Rickness that answers my question in full.

The rivalry between Oculus and Steam is bad for VR in general

Thanks for the info @Rickness_Voidwalker :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.