Suggestion: Jobs

Due to the recent addition of a tavern, a lot of people have been jokingly asking for jobs in orbus. The more I think about it and the more I discuss it with people, it seems to be a very well-liked idea. Even if it’s just starting small with things like a bartender, you could expand it into entire systems, such as farming. It’d be a wonderful way to add a bit of complexity to the game and give new ways to play. Maybe jobs give you perks but in exchange, you have to complete various quotas(ie, work an hour at the bar, grow 10 queens ear, etc.)? And maybe if you don’t meet the quota you lose the job. I dunno, just spitballing ideas, but I think some form of job system, even if it’s rudimentary, would be well-liked.

At very least let people sell potions at the bar like market stalls

2 Likes

It’s not a game mechanic, but I do pay people to gather ores for me :slight_smile: just in case people are looking for a job in game.

I’d like to see some of the roleplay encouraged organically. I’ve seen the people wanting to sell ithecac in the tavern. Maybe trading (anything) with another player inside the tavern could also has a special chance to reward the player with a unique dye from a pool of dyes, when the trade is completed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.