Swords not working?

Ok so it’s my first day back in a while, I decided to stop playing when they announced Reborn because I figured there would be a wipe. But logging in today i was surprised to see my character still there. So I logged on and started doing the started quests, went to kill the 3 saps and discovered my sword/shield do nothing. Was swinging on a sap for a good minute before realizing he wasn’t attacking back, his health wasn’t lowering, and as soon as another player shot near him he attacked them. I then went to the training dummies and the same thing happened. I couldn’t make contact with the sword or shield. When I switched to my bow or pistol I could damage them but sword would basically make me a player that could walk right up to an enemy and its as if im a ghost. Anyone else having this issue? I’m debating starting a new character anyway but still really wanna fix my swords.

Do you have your shield out when your swinging your sword? Would it be possible that you are accidentally hitting the shield and blocking your attacks. If you do have your shield out will you try putting that away and attacking the dummy and if that doesn’t work make sure that your weapon icon isn’t red inside the player menu (would mean its broken and need repaired at the apprentice smith in Highstepp). If neither of those work let me know and we can dig into it deeper.

I’m aware of the shield getting in the way since that was an issue before but this isn’t it. Shield bash won’t work either and the enemies MOST of the time don’t interact with me at all, like I’m a ghost. Just had it happen again a minute ago, switching to another weapon, killing an enemy, then switching back fixed it but still it happens randomly.

Can you send me your output log?

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\output_log.txt

And I will take a look. Also what’s your in-game name?

As a heads up, they changed how shield bash works (unless they changed it back when I wasn’t looking). You now hold down the trigger button and swing the shield like normal to activate the shield bash.

Sure gimme a bit and I’ll post it, and if you mean character name im not sure how to type it on here because a while back for some reason my character name got messed up after an update and there are characters that aren’t in the alphabet in there now. But it looks like ‘Knyghtseidon’

Yeah i knew that, I went through the new journal before playing to see what new mechanics may have been added. When i log on tomorrow I will try to record if it does it again and post it here as an unlisted vid.

I also encountered this bug a few times. Submitted logs.

Just checking! I did a dungeon with someone who complained that shield bash wasn’t working. It took us most of the dungeon to realize he didn’t know about the new mechanic. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would most likely be a desync where the game thinks your somewhere else but your not. The best fix seems to be a re log.

https://youtu.be/v63LlXtMZkc here is a video of the bug, there is no audio but you can see that basically when the sword is equipped I cant interact with anything but as soon as i switch to another weapon it works fine.

tried to post the logs about 6 times but it wont ever save the reply with the logs on here???

Hmm there is this slim change that it can be the bug where your orientation is desynced (your whole character always aims in the same orientation thus sword doesn’t move on server side). This should then be the case for all classes (old classes). But in your video you were extremely close with the Scoundrel to the dummy so that is why that bug is not ruled out.

If it happens again can you look if you can still hit the dummy with a musky standing further away and from different position.

Sending the logs through email is the better option :sweat_smile: [email protected]

what you described does make sense. im gonna get on right now and if the bug happens again i will see if i can create some distance without changing orientation to see if it still doesnt allow contact. Sending the logs now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.