The Grinder. How does it work?

Hello all. I would like to know how the grinder works and what the point of using it is, and where to use it. If i could get a run down, i would appreciate it. Thanks.

The G.R.I.N.D.I.N.G device is used to encourage end game players to kill monsters around the overworld for a reward. The device works as follows:

• Equip the device in your toolbelt.
  • You place it down on the ground and stay relatively close to it (you can be I guess about 15 meters/50 feet away from it for it still to work)
  • You kill a monster and a pink orb floats towards the device. (as indication that it works)
  • After about 30 monsters your device will level up and you get a bar indicating it is a new lvl
  • Your device gets max 5 lvls. After that it resets back to lvl 0.
  • You will find out if your device is too high of a lvl that lower lvl monsters don’t count anymore on leveling up your device. The max is lvl 4. On that lvl you have to kill the red starred monsters in wastelands (lvl 32 monsters).
  • The goal is to keep lvling up the device which will grant you a chest with stuff from the loot-table of the killed monsters + a small chance on an extra rare item. You will also get a chunk of xp from lvling up the device. More on a higher lvl though.
4 Likes

It also seems to work on an xp system. If you are doing it in a group of 5 it levels slower than solo.

It’s % damage dealt.
Xp is based off how much damage you’ve dealt as well, so there is a correlation.

it’s % damage based outside of a party, in a party it’s split evenly between everyone in the party.
it’s also affected by the xp chain bonus that you get for killing mobs consecutively in a party so how much “filling” of a level you get per mob is distributed in the exact same way as exp

1 Like

The grinding device is not linked to xp of the monster… Just the % you dealth damage on the monster of all the ppl around you. And ya in a party you get an even split with the xp boost also affecting the grinding count boost. But again not directly linked to xp. Just making sure that link is not made. You can kill on device lvl 0: either mobs that are lvl 1 or lvl 32. Still have to kill the same amount of monsters to lvl it up.

You sure scott? Tried to level it on the chickens in the rainforest. Killed like 60 without it levelling. No xp ether. Purple ball every time…

Chickens don’t sound like normal monsters… Thats a questionable test. Ya I am sure. I started my grinding with always killing very low xp mobs and got them up with 30 monsters. Now doing like lvl 28 mobs giving way more xp and still exactly 30 monsters.

4 Likes

So, where do you suggest i level it up at for each level? And when does it determine and drop the chest? What mobs does it pick the loot from?

best is to find a spot where you can level it from 1-4 without moving, this can be done by the flying high teleport, the yellow diamond mobs below knights fort, yellow diamond mobs by hidden garden, ect.
then I think most spots with red x mobs in wastelands has a decent amount of them now.
This is all assuming you’re level 30, if you’re no then it’s gonna be pretty much impossible(unless you’re a really skilled mage or something) to level it all the way to level 5

it levels up after 30 mobs, and is split if more people hit it. like Scott said

the loot you get from each chest is picked from the loot tables of the mobs you killed to level the grinder, so anything you can get from the mobs you’re grinding can be given by the grinder.
the special items you can get are just a random drop that has a higher chance of dropping the higher the chest level as well as some items being more rare/common than others.

i believe the mobs that count towards your grinder is based on the level compared to you. I vaguely remember that i leveled up my grinder on “red star” level mobs that werent the ones in wastelands iirc when i was first playing and leveling

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.