Things I would love to see fixed! Devs please read!

First of all, the obligatory I love Orbus, great work, yada yada. :slight_smile:
Now then, on to business, here is a short list of things that can severely turn off current and new players:

The crashes: Oh my god the crashes, like 3-4 times every hour, absolutely infuriating especially when you are fighting a dungeon boss and you are the tank… Seems to happen mostly when the game needs to “load” like entering a new zone or flying on the airship.

Night time: questing at night sucks, it’s hard to see and it’s just plain depressing, please for the love of god, make night times shorter. Everyone I talk to in game hates it as much as I do. If there are quests/mobs that are dependent on night time, then you need to revise those since they are not worth bringing down the overall enjoyment of the game for all players.

Thunder sound FX: Its WAY to loud, we should not have to bring down the ambient FX to fix this since it brings down all ambient noise just because of a single sound FX that is simply way to loud. Also, make it so it cannot thunder on nice sunny days with bright blue skies and no clouds, feels like a bug.

Walkable areas missed: this happens 40-50 times every time I play and it is infuriating. I get “stuck” because the walkable area or should I say “paintable” area on the ground was not done properly, case and point the first house on the left when you enter guild city, there is a huge gap on the ground and everyone always get stuck there, then you have to use teleport to get out.

Inventory tooltip: It is really hard to make your finger touch that exact pixel it needs so the tooltip appears for the item you are trying to get information on. Make it easier for the tooltip to appear.

Potions and Lures: can we have icons for the potions instead of the “?” also once a lure is created can it not have a more representative icon graphic of what it is based on its content?

In game movies: very underwhelming to say the least but you could easily fix that by making the screen huge, you know movie theater style.

Airship flying: This is a big one for me because I LOVE the airship. Can you make it fly normal? And by that I mean make it fly like it’s not having an epileptic seizure every second? The first time I saw it after purchasing the game my “holy shit wow” moment was destroyed when I saw it fly like a spastic monkey on crack. Seriously, I almost refunded after seeing that airship fly.

Edit: Update I have tried the -connectws at launch options last night and it has not crashed in over 3 hours of playtime! It does however seem to make things lag a bit more? (never had a high latency message before, now they happen frequently, could be a server issue?) I tested and made sure my ISP speeds still rocked 60dl/15up so I know I am good.

2 Likes

I’m also having crashes from time to time. and I think it might have something to do with the windows default audio device. when i have my default audio device set to my rift, no problem. if i change it to my normal headset (logitech g930) i also have alot of crashes when i load into another zone. can you try this to see if it makes any difference?

I have the vive, but the audio is the less likely suspect.

The crashing is a known issue, if you haven’t already tried it here is the latest info on it. I also crash regularly and after trying this last night, so far so good! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Give it a try if you can.

1 Like

For your crashing, turn off super sampling. As in 1.0.

I left it at default, never super sampled the game.

I will give it a go tonight! thank you!

I LOVE how dark it is at night, and always enjoy dark nights in games with day/night cycles (first time in Morrowind so many years ago and the sun set… oh man…).
And I love when the sun rises in Orbus, that pre-dawn glow, the grass getting illuminated as if morning dew on it is glistening… a new day of adventure is dawning… Good stuff.

However I do agree that I would prefer nighttime to be shorter than it is now, and thus shorter than daytime.
Orbus definitely looks better when the lights are on. =)

2 Likes

@Jinx

Excellent point, you are absolutely right, I LOVE dawn and when it starts to get dark as well!! that alone is worth having a night time!! Its just lasts a bit to long.

1 Like

+1 on the shorter night cycle
+1 on the loud lightning. Scared the poo out of me first time I heard it. Needs fixed
+1 on Lures

Inventory Tooltip - I noticed that marksman orbs don’t always show what they do. Shows once then not again unless I go to another item then back again. Bug I think. HTC VIVE

Walking areas - To me I get stuck walking near light posts on pathways, and every little corner rock or tree edge, or wall edge and it’s so annoying. Like the game has sticky corners near objects and walls that stop my movement. There are times when I have to teleport away so I can move freely again.

2 Likes

I am in love with Orbus’ stars, why you shorten star time?? Fishing under the stars is the best. What mob-inspired constellations can you see? I also like that it’s darker and more like a rural night. I’m cool with night and day practically being equal in length and that night does look like night, pros and cons of darkness included. Sunrise and sunset are also fun.

That thunder is a right of passage! :joy: very reminiscent of being caught by a suddenly developed thunderstorm, and that sensation that you may be struck by lightning is reeeeeaaaaalllll. I am very impressed with the thunder, although yea, I did turn my down a little too. But that first impression was totally worth it. As someone else has said, “Where were you when you first heard the thunder?” :smile:

2 Likes

I was having a heart attack!

I’m of the opposite opinion on fishing at night, Airis.
At the Highsteppe starting lake, at night, I can’t see across the lake at night like I can in the daytime. The result is a big black void after whatever the nighttime View Distance limit is, breaking my immersion because it looks like the rest of the lake and beyond isn’t loaded in (since there’s no fog effect to dither it).
Looking across the lake and upward there’s water, then a big black void, then stars. Maybe that’s realistic, idk.
I prefer daytime fishing when I can see all of the beautiful surroundings anyway. =)

I do agree about the loud lightning. It makes the thunderstorms feel like “Oh man, I do NOT want to be out here getting drenched”, like IRL. =)

1 Like

At Kingsport Lake, I’m always to the right of the fishing hut so that straight ahead of me is the valley (positioned so that straight ahead stars are at eye level across the lake, otherwise the outlines of the mountains block the view) with those two mountains on either side. Have you ever been to a rural area with no artificial lights? Almost nothing is prettier, and yea, sometimes it’s like a part of the world that exists during the day isn’t there anymore. Ever been to a beach at night with no artificial lights? It feels like being on the edge of the earth, as if the world stops with the surf. I think Orbus captures it beautifully :heart: at least we won’t accidentally walk straight into the water or fall in a ditch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, as much as I love to see the stars IRL and gaze (and I do!), I’ve always lived in cityscapes. Even the beaches I go to in the summer are too light up, though on the horizon of the ocean at least I can see many stars (when the moon’s not up).

I also believe the game should have shorter day/night cycles. Whenever I get around to playing it always seems to be dark. I can only remember 1 time where it was light.

1 Like

One thing that may be helpful for you is that the Orbus day runs in 5 hour cycles, so if you play at a regular time each day you should experience different game times as you do.

Gotta say the thunder gave me the sense of presence the first time it happened. I definitely felt like I was in danger of getting struck for a moment or two. It was awesome. Then again, I play with relatively low volume in general to hear if my kids get up so it wasn’t painfully loud, just the right amount of boom.

I happened to be playing with a fan on as well and I once the thunderstorm started, the ambient wind from the fan started to feel much colder and stronger and I could swear I was starting to feel drips of water on me…

I love VR

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.