Throwing the Paladin Hammer

I don’t know about Oculus, but on the VIVE systems, the throw button and sheath button is the same (grip). This means if I try to throw my hammer in an overhand fashion, it sheaths instead of flying off (which usually ends in death because I needed that throw to work). It would be great if there was a different button for throwing, or if sheathing could occur in a different place on the character.

I think what we found when playing the first beta with the paladin was that you want to press the grip before you bring it back behind your back, and then release it when you go forward.

This is instead of gripping when you put it behind your back and releasing it forward.

I found underhand throws to work great, both to avoid this and to throw it far

1 Like

I found a side throw works best to throw straight and keep the hammer level with the ground.

Evening… Oculus Quest player here.

Has anyone had issues where they can’t throw the hammer at all?

Started playing as the Paladin at the weekend… got to level 6 ok and was able the throw the hammer without issue… But - for some reason I can’t throw it any more… I can draw and sheath it ok (eg the grip button works) but I can’t let go to throw it…

To make it even weirder… If I switch the hammer to my left hand - I can throw fine.

Hi, have you tried relogging and seeing if it was fixed for you? Or restarting the game? Just wondering if this is a recurrent issue or something that persists.

I quit and re-started last night and it persisted… logged in tonight and it was working as it should…
Alls good…

Okay, just let us know if it happens again and we’ll investigate further!

Just played 2hrs without issue… (same controller batteries too - I did wonder if it was a controller issue)

I’ll keep an eye on it :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.