Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

So… unfortunate thing… do you happen to have the flooded rainforest town complete J?

Nah I hate questing… But yes I understand the benefits of completing the town for repair vendors etc. The goal here isn’t to identify that though right? We are talking about the average player going in to the goblin. The percentage of people who has cleared those quests is very low.

Nope, also good because for the third time (not limited to rainforest) the goblin has spawned in houses… for people with the town complete (not me lol) you literally can’t see the goblin. Also since you didn’t have the village complete and killed me right next to the goblin, then im psure you should have seen it…

Edit: if this isn’t intended then it needs a fix, also 4 times it has spawned in houses…

Yeah but I didn’t as I said… Ill gladly just live stream it every time I do it. I have been playing this game since Dec 2017 (or earlier not sure?) yet if I am still unable to identify where the goblin is even when it is apparently ‘right in front of me’ like you guys keep so claiming then something should be changed with that. My awareness isn’t great and I am not the best player but, if after so long I still cannot identify such things that are claimed to be ‘simple to find’ then there is something wrong.

You actually do have to get used to the model a bit… even if you do eventually see it, it will probably be the same as the first we all saw it, asking ourselves “What is that?” Before getting closer and realizing, even though it is the same model in highsteppe…

They’re slowly, slowly realizing it should be a normal public event spawn timer. They’ll get there eventually.

1 Like

I didn’t even see anything out of the ordinary. Finding it is the first problem.

I might be the only one that thinks this, but I still want the goblin to spawn in the same place every time (still in different zones, but in the same place in those individual zones). Random spawns just adds a level of RNG that makes it less fun. I used to be able to go for the trickster chest and make a plan for what I was going to do when I went for it. With the goblin, I go out and die before I am even able to see the goblin, and then I just end up wandering around until I get a reagent and can go back to high steppe. I just think that it would actually reward the best PvP players in the game, for going in and having a plan, rather than supporting those that have the most people looking for the goblin.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said.

Well I wish it was that simple… unfortunately with there only being 1 organized PvP team at the moment, the only different that is going to make is to make it easier for the only organized team to prepare their plan.

It could work if there was enough opposing force to fight the opposite team, but until that happens I don’t think it will.

There is never going to be enough people unless something is changed. I think more people would invest time into practicing and getting good at PvP if they knew that they actually had a chance at winning the goblin. This would build the numbers of the opposing force pretty well if you ask me.

Numbers aren’t the problem. J’s reports have been continuously inaccurate regarding attendance. -not trying to attack you J, I’m pointing out something that has been obvious.- We have been matched, 4v2’d, and more and we still came out on top. Those matches received low experience scores also despite good fights and killing us. It seems the only way certain people will have fun is if they see the goblin, which should have happened on a few occasions when our player guarding the goblin was killed or when they get tokens. It doesn’t matter that good fights go down. It doesn’t matter to them that we were killed. The attitudes I’m seeing in these posts are something like I didn’t win so it needs to be changed so that I can win or else I won’t have fun.

To be fair, to obtain the flying carpet, cape, and two pvp transmogs, one needs to obtain, what, 65 tokens?

If you get max one per week, that’s still a year and a bit before you’ll have them. The tokens are the point.

Not for us. Different strokes for different folks.

We did just get our first carpet mount though. Looks good man

So how about you guys defend the goblins and let everyone else get the tokens?

you guys self admittedly would stop coming, no?

1 Like

-Tasty
Id like to see this goblin thing to see what all the fuss is about. when is the next spawn?

noon cst, see you there my guy

25 tokens… 1 week since it started… At 6.5 hour increments, giving, what, 26 tokens over all since the start?

So 25/26 tokens taken by LC!

Obligatory “N0t A m0no¶olY!1!” statement

damn i cant make that one im at work all day