Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

Yeah the time keeps shifting more and more at every spawn… hopefully it gets fixed.

It’s just a limitation of the current implementation, I will see if we can fix it, but yeah it may “creep” by a couple of minutes over time.

unless you change the time again to make it actually rotate and not be the same time every day, I don’t think it should be fixed.
if it now creeps a bit every day it’ll eventually be enough of a change that those who can’t attend now because of the time it spawn will be able to go again.

2 Likes

At what seems like 8 minutes per week, we’ll cycle a full hour in just shy of 8 weeks. It will thus take 32 weeks to return to standard cycle time (8 weeks for an hour, 4 hour spread)

Kinda a long time to deal with an offcycle

On the topic of things that have been reported but not acknowledged, u still cannot attack token carriers in safe zones

5 Likes

It has definitely been reported and acknowledged and ‘fixed’ as per patch notes, but I guess not fixed correctly. You might have to give some videos or something to make it clear to Riley what is going on there.

No, right after the stated fix, it was reported that it still did not work. I don’t think it was ever acknowledged.

Oh right my misunderstanding there. The fact that it still had not been fixed was never acknowledged. makes sense. @Riley_D (sorry for tagging you on a Sunday; ill forget otherwise)

1 Like

Sorry yeah we’re tracking internally that it may not be actually fixed yet, we’ll take a look at testing that tomorrow for a potential fix in Tuesday’s patch.

Just to be sure, it’s the exact same issue as before, in that if a Token Carrier is in a Safe Zone, and an attacking player is also in a Safe Zone, the attacking player cannot hit the Token Carrier?

That is correct.

If this gets fixed i think there should be an exception for the safe zone around Highsteppe since that safe zone is huge and without being able to fight back the carrier will be dead before he gets to the door, i can already see people camping there to get an easy kill in front of the doors, loot the tokens and enter in town.

1 Like

Isn’t that what was suggested a few days ago as a viable choke point?

I don’t think if the token carrier is a Pally that ppl can kill it before it reaches the door xD. Also are you not untagged as a carrier after waiting 10 mins anyway?

Well yeah paladin may be the exception if there aren’t several people camping, but all other classes will be affected.
The 10 mins timer is only for logging out, you’re still a carrier until you put the tokens in a chest.

So logout with alt come back 2 hours later?

Yeah that’s lame but it’s probably what will happen if going to Highsteppe means suicide, which is exactly why i think that area shouldn’t be affected by that change. The logout was ruining the pvp experience at the trickster chest in OG.

I think there shouldn’t even be a logout…

2 Likes

On another note I didn’t see the beam of where the goblin was killed again

I saw the yellow beam and I experienced a bug where I was trying to follow my team members by using the compass but it just led me to where the goblin had died so I wasted time trusting the compass…

It never updated even after changing zones.

The beam was next to the exit of the zone. as soon as someone goes through that exit the number of possible routes for them to take is multiplied by 3 again. assuming they went through that exit means you need 3 people to watch around other paths, then another 3 people to see which way they are going in the next zone and so on and so fourth until highsteppe… You cannot really camp highsteppe because the safe zone is gigantic…

TLDR;

• From what I have seen, if someone leaves the goblin zone with the token and they have any form of backup, they have pretty much won the game already.

• Beam on goblin death location isn’t really working because the zones are too big.

• Color of beam needs to be different