Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

That requires too many assumptions. Be specific about which you like and dislike.

scroll to the top of the page and read it down. I am not re-quoting myself for the 10th time.

maybe you should :wink:

lazy boi.

+5th step

I followed that up with my own suggestion of some possible mechanics… But generally the theme is clear so any combination of these is worth testing i think:

It seems that C_R’s suggestion is fairly similar too.

1 Like

As much as this seems like a joke suggestion, the first step actually sounds like the start for an interesting event as well. Maybe make trickster tokens also an overworld drop like the transmogs, except only PVP-enabled folks get them. Then announce it to the server when it’s picked up, in which zone, and get ready to run for your life!

4 Likes

like a random rare glowing rock in the world and when you pick it up your forced in to combat aha. kinda cool idea. Non pvpers should be able to pick it up too and then it would say ‘Picking this up will activate PvP. Are you sure?’ ahah

A simple “Are you sure?” is dangerous. There’s a lot of risks associated with PVP that would be difficult to communicate at that stage effectively.

1 Like

thats why i wrote ‘---->Picking this up will activate PvP.<---- Are you sure?’. maybe level 30 only to be safer?

I never thought I’d say this, but I agree with @Seurimas_Songwraith. PvP turning in in overworld is a big thing and nothing will cause a person to rage quit more than losing all of their items as a newbie because they didn’t understand the mechanic

1 Like

well… I think we are thinking way ahead in to details here anyway. The concept is a reasonably interesting one that might appeal to the middle ground easter egg hunting PvPers.

3 Likes

Stop attacking me J!

Lol jk but really tho I didn’t know Seuri’s suggestion you agreed with, come clarity. I’m against an indicator because hand holding sort of bothers me and I don’t want a giant target on my back, bigger than the LC one anyways. Is there a big problem with not knowing who has the tokens? Was this complained about in OG? We always kind of figured out who grabbed the tokens regardless if we recovered them or not.

No because there was only 1 path to take to get out in OG

1 Like

Yes, I thought this was a problem. I think people should know who has the tokens so they can plan their strategy around it. The fight is over the tokens, why hide it.

1 Like

It was easier to assess who had the token in OG because there was less space and you were forced towards your opponent to move out in most cases so tactical positioning like in a football match… With random spawns everyone is sprewed out like a jumble sale so its a very different dynamic.

1 Like

There was 1 path but some would inv out, some would log out, some would shoot the moon letting their group fight while they ran on, some would form a shield around their carrier. There were lots of differences that kept everyone guessing who had what and where it went. We formed strategies based on what groups had done in the past and that was a nice bit of meta. While it was easier to asses the route they took back then, now everyone has to pass HS so…theres still a choke. am I right?

I feel like a ton of times the token just disappeared into nothingness due to invis pots. However, I agree with these gentlemen on at least some sort of indication. Maybe everyone within 10 meters of the token is highlighted or something? The less chances of tokens just disappearing and feeling like you had no chance to get them the better IMO.

not particularly no. The safe zone is so massive that as soon as you get in to the highsteppe area you have basically won… also without the indication of where the token boi is heading, they could come from any zone path around highsteppe.

1 Like

Depending on where you are coming from there is a lot of HS to have to run. You have a 50/50 chance of guessing the right path and two groups can easily teleport ahead of the token bearer and block them off. Even if they get into the safe zone they are still in danger of rangers and mages for a bit.

A problem I have is that I have no clue when this goblin is spawning.

I don’t play 10 hours a day and hope the message appears when I’m on.
This is probably the same for a casual player as well.

Do we really have to set a schedule or have a 3rd party program to tell us when the next spawn is going to be? This is one reason why the chest get’s monopolized because one team has the times pinned down to the hour and and is prepared for the event.

Wow has the chest spawning every 3 hours for example so you have multiple chances a day to go at it and it’s not a randomized event.

I would show up to the chest if I actually knew when it was going on and where it was going to be but for now I’ll wait for J to announce it or something and hopefully I’m not in the middle of something else.

1 Like

I believe there is a tracker on the unofficial.