Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

thank you for finally stopping your BS. as you have said before you quit playing when reborn came out and it fuckin shows.

4 Likes

Just curious, how would you know that I said before I quite playing exactly when your profile says that you’ve been here one day with one reply which is above and a mere 2 topics/23 posts read? I mentioned nothing about not playing the game in this topic, hmmm.

So now players(?) are creating alt accounts just to bait/force/taunt other members of the forums I’d assume.

To sink to a depth that low takes some real work. I guess I should applaud you.

Can you blame him, your sitting in a high chair telling the devs how to do their job while you don’t even play their game. Of course people are going to make alts to call you out so as to not get their in-game accounts penalized

4 Likes

a high chair? Man, I’m laying on the ground. The only thing I did was take all the ideas that were mentioned on here and bunch them up together with a couple of changes to make the game more balanced.

I am not telling anyone how to do their job, I just have experience in theory and applying it to the game.

It doesn’t matter. When feedback is given arguments are created and then end up being flame wars with users becoming triggered. According to the website they welcome suggestions and feedback and take pride in a friendly community. That is all I have ever done. Once I was disrespectful to another user and apologized for my response. I have stated many times that I have nothing but respect for the players here and the dev team. I only wanted the game to grow but a lot of you are quite happy playing with the same 30 people.

Needless to say things like the PvP event will never become truly balanced because there isn’t enough of a player base to create that. The priority should be to get new players in.

Always be civil. The one and only rule that is consistently broken and instead of it being shunned it’s liked by other users, which just represents the entire community as a whole on this forum.

Peace out

the amount of work you put into complaining about this game but not playing this game must take some real work as well.

1 Like

@anon88892761

I do find your comments containing something well ment. But all those beginner mistakes…

Mostly you just smudge the ongoing discussions with partially faulty assumptions based on limited gaming experience. I kind of wish you would at least hit 30, make some tiles, run a shard, and try open world pvp. Maybe even join a raid.

You often post a full page self defence stances when people question your posts, that are fully irrelevant to the discussion.

1 Like

User stated he’s writing a dissertation about “intercultural communications and online communities through online MMO’s”. Either this is a way-too-obvious scientific experiment, acting passive-aggressive just to test reactions. Or it was made-up to show off and draw attention like in other posts; then there’s serious issues which got nothing to do with the game. Either way I’d advise to ignore until it solves itself with time.

I think we are heading off topic again. I am sure many people here studied some form of game design / is proactive in reading in to game design mechanics / user psychology so will naturally take a large picture stance that may not necessarily be relatable for everyone.

There are 2 valid snippets i want to quote C_R before people continue discussing about how they don’t like his delivery of them. Don’t let the delivery of someones feedback distract you from what they are actually trying to say.

See below here:

1. Maintain the critical balance between the player archetypes and let everyone have an enjoyable experience while keeping all players somewhat satisfied with their playtime.

2. His suggestions for solutions (here); They are actually OK and reflect largely what others have suggested too. Take note that the best observations are usually from those who observe from outside a bubble of experience so even if you disagree with it as you stand within the bubble… that’s fine! I doubt anyone agrees 100% with anyone else’s suggestion anyway, but disregarding a whole set of ideas because you do not like one part of it is quite blind sighted and will not help us move the topic forward.
    If you holistically look at it… the suggested solutions are not that much different to Seurimas 5 step plan and my own idea for a solution… It seems a lot of suggestions in the thread tip toe around that sort of area + or - a few extremes in mechanic choices.

So… To bring us back on topic…

1. How do we maintain that critical balance between player archetypes keeping the gameplay a delightful experience for everyone? (take this from an empathetic stand point; mechanics which equalize gameplay; not mechanics which you know only benefit your own archetype).

2. What features would you personally like to see to enrich the PvP experience? What is making you happy now and what is not? (take this from a personal stand point; what do you personally like and dislike?). Why?

3. Please continue posting your goblin experiences in the thread so that it may be observed and used for others brainstorming as well as Orbus Online LLC’s consideration.

1 Like

Trickster Goblin Day #X for me:

1. Could not do first goblin, was asleep as it spawned in wee hours of the morning
  2. Could not do second goblin, was at work doing work things
  3. Could not do third goblin, was coming back from work where I did work things
  4. Could not do fourth goblin, was asleep as it spawned in wee hours of the morning.
  5. Will not be able to do next goblin (spawns in a little over 30 minutes) as I will be on road to work, where I do work things
  6. Will not be able to do goblin after that, as I will be at work doing work things

Have so far been online and able to partake in: 1 single time.

Delightfulness rating: 0/5?

1 Like

Yeah I was always thought the frequency was a little bit too spread out… maybe reduce it to 4 hour slots or a bit less.

Number of people in PvP seen: 6 (3 from LC and 3 random pug)

Experience:

• 0 stragglers were seen. Just the 3 others i gathered for the event.
  • Didn’t see the goblin after it spawned.
  • Someone in my party found the goblin. It died on the other side of the zone… By the time I went towards them they had died and so I had no idea where they died… So i never saw the goblin
  • I suck at navigating maps (thats why i built a minimap because i saw a need). I didn’t have my minimap up and got completely lost in the rainforest. It all feels a bit samey. I usually get lost a lot in hulthines and wastelands too… The surroundings are just like a maze for me. I spent 8 mins just trying to find a teleport pillar in rainforest lol.
  • Someone in the party found the goblin and the token was immediately taken by LC again.
  • I saw a couple of the opposing team towards the end but they just 2v1’d me and i was dead in seconds really.
  • Spent 90% of the time running around doing nothing
  • Felt like headless chicken PvP again.
  • The monopoly continues.

Delightfulness rating: 1 out of 5.

I guess 1 addition to my other suggestions:

• add teleport pillars on the compass maybe. I have no idea which direction i am going most the time but once i am at a teleport pillar I can navigate around again.

LC only had 3 people there and you were actually right next to the goblin before we killed you.

Semz, you, gundrakk and i am sure there was a 4th no?

Again… I just did not see it. no idea. just because i was ‘close to it at one point in time whilst running around the rainforest’ does not mean i actually found it and saw it so I am not really sure what point you are trying to make here.

nope only 3 of us this time. although there was at least 5 to 6 others out there not including us

ok i updated the number of spotted people.

I only saw otya, vasilia and yazuku. Anyway unless there is some point to this, it doesn’t really matter. All it proves at the moment is that there is still only 1 dedicated team dominating the event and we have only just finished week 1 of the event.

ah ok then 4 possibly 5. dont really read names while im out there

Unless you can confirm names I am going to stick with my number of 6 + myself.

me, johann, semz , you, lia, otya and yazuku

system keeps removing my quotes:

me, johann, semz , you, lia, otya and lia <-- Yuzuki you mean I think.

That is everyone I have accounted for in my post yes. I did not see anyone else either. I think i got confused and though there was another person because you have this double barreled name for your character lol.

so 3 from LC, 2 from JP team, me and lia.