Unable to grip (glow hand) at times

Class: Scoundrel
I can fire my weapon but unable to grip a card, potion, or pickup loot (including open boss chest). I tried switching class (change weapon) with no change. I do recall not being able to grip, the group died, and soon as we respawned, I saw that I could grip again (yellow glow hand). However, a few seconds later, it bugged out.

I noticed this starting 2 days ago, which was the time I started playing Scoundrel… I don’t recall this with a Ranger/Pally but I haven’t level them to 10 so haven’t tried doing dungeons. I don’t recall the behavior outside in the world the first 10-11 levels and the first occurrence was in my first dungeon. Since then, it’s a 50/50 if I’ll bug out in a dungeon. Since seeing the bug, I did notice the behavior once last night in the outside world. Usually logout/login works but last night there was one occurrence that had to close the game and reopen.

there’s 2 bugs afaik

1. card deck doesn’t respond, but everything else works. You can relog or swap weapons to another class and back to correct it. It may be intermittant like you saw because the game may still be doing some auto fixy stuff that was put in a while ago to help recover.
  2. more of a complete desync. World is there but you can’t open dungeon chests, use your cards, grab things off your waist, anything much at all.

I experience #1 a fair bit, #2 pretty rarely. I had #2 last night in a dungeon and it persisted through 3 relogs and required a client restart, which I don’t recall happening before.

If you experience these issues again, please send us your output_log.txt file to [email protected] so we can investigate and fix it. We’ve been tracking this down for a while but it has been difficult to reproduce.

You can find it in C:\Users\Name\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\OrbusVR\output_log.txt

Thanks!

Give me a few minutes to grab the logs from the VR machine…

I played a Musketeer today and did not see the behavior(s). After I flipped back to scoundrel, it took a bit but it came back… I wasn’t even in a dungeon… Outside by the “2nd” defend area (where you grab the white shards from the arrows). What was weird was I could grab the white shards and cards while on the grey rock area… soon as I stepped off onto the grass to retrieve a random loot… can’t loot, can’t select a card… Changing class made no difference…

** Email sent with zipped logs **

Following up to see if there are additional logs I can provide. Back from a work trip and boom, saw the issue in a dungeon last night. Death nor logout/login did not make a difference. I finished the dungeon but could not use cards or loot bags/chests… New set of files sent to email address.
Thanks,

No, that output_log you’ve been sending is the only one we’ll need. Have you noticed a reliable way to reproduce the issue? Does it always happen in a specific dungeon? A specific area of a dungeon? Does it just seem entirely random?

As far as I’m aware we haven’t been able to find a way to reproduce this reliably so any leads would be fantastic.

I have noticed it happens more often in the Airship. I have also seen it happen not only with scoundrel but also with Musketeer and grabbing orbs, however I have not seen it with my Musketeer lately (say last two weeks or so).
I ran the airship two nights ago and was unable to grab cards had to put gun away and then was able to grab but then it would happen again. Usually it would fix self fix after a bit of messing with the weapon. I haven’t seen it stay stuck through an entire dungeon. I have also seen it happen when I am holding a charged shot on the gun that I am unable to grab a card. The fix for that has been to just release the trigger and then grab a card.

I don’t have a reliable way to reproduce it but I do tend to see if more often than not and usually it’s in dungeons… I’m pretty sure I haven’t encountered the problem in the world.

I’ll have to watch for oddities a bit more but I do notice the ability to grab cards/musky shots seems to be a bit wonky when you first enter a dungeon – Usually I just wait a few moments but maybe the times I’m bugged I was grab happy…

I did move the VR setup directly to the ISP wireless modem today instead of behind a “business class” firewall that enforces TCP/UDP timeouts and DPI inspection. If I can go the rest of the week without issues, I can revert back and start doing captures…

Are there control channels via UDP? Dungeon netcode is more peer to peer based and “strict NAT” can cause issues? I know I had issues back in the days with Everquest using dynamic chat channels. The firewall would close UDP “connections” if there wasn’t constant chatter.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.