Update 11.01- Tinkerer Crafting Profession Release

Or just have them change to non-tradable once equipped (Bind on Equip) is a normal thing in mmo’s

2 Likes

This is a good solution. The reason they are tradeable is we wanted players that enjoyed tinkering to have a way to earn dram and sell the items they create, but not being able to take things like the camera or the harvester into the overworld for fear of loosing them is also not good. So we are going to look into making it create a “crated” item from the tinkerer station that will be soulbound upon equipping like the rare drops (cat ears, angel wings, etc.) so tinkerers can still sell them if they choose, but wont have to worry about loosing them in the overworld pvp after they equip them.

4 Likes

I do think it is important though that if those items also get crated, that all those crates need something visually different from each other. It really makes those items harder to sell if they show up in the auction house as a generic chest.

This would also fix the harvester and arcane mount problem that still exists btw…

2 Likes

There will be a patch tomorrow morning with following fixes:

• Tinkerer tools built will be crated, allowing them to be sold while in crate, but soulbound once equipped.
  • Fixed rotated paladin UI
  • Patched an error being generated by muting yourself
  • Updated community message board
1 Like

We’ll look at differentiating the crate icons but it will require some reworking on the system internally, so won’t be for the above patch.

That might be a minor point for devs, but for some of us it’s huge… just got a harvester and of course opened it mistakenly, confusing it with all the other chests; no doubt I would’ve opened the Arcane Mount too, which I already got.

PS: And if anyone looks at icons anytime soon anyway please don’t forget about that issue… Colored Dungeon Shards

Turns out other people cannot see the camera at all, it would be abused in PVP. Tested with a few people.

It can be used from pretty far actually as well, would 100% be used to watch the rainforest door while hiding.

Even if the devs would enable sight of it, quest users wouldnt be able to see it likely and if you throw the camera while out of render distance of other players its possible it wont render for them once they get to it.

1 Like

Guess I was wrong, but I still wouldn’t call what you can do abusing, you could get some slight advantages, but nothing major.

Which would give you what? A slight preparation for when people are coming? you could hide in the cave there without the camera outside too and be almost just as prepared when someone walks into the cave and towards the door, or you could use an invis pot and stand in the cave opening without anyone being able to see you.

Just because an item could give a slight advantage doesn’t mean it should be disabled in pvp. Just like your armor and weapon makes a difference in your defense and damage, an item like this could give you a slight tactical advantage just like invis pots or speed pots can give you a major tactical advantage.

1 Like

So this… If the camera can’t work, then the invis pot should not work. Because that is way more advantegious then the camera. So make the camera work.

4 Likes

Patch should be live now.

Where does Wood Cog come from, is that even implemented? Nobody in guild got a single drop of it yet… (if some player got it, add spoilers ty…)

Wood Cog:

Dungeon bosses. Our theory it is only dropping from scaled dungeon queue bosses. Because we didn’t get it from shards so far and didn’t get it killing 1 boss about 30x with 2 ppl.

Only heard of 1 dropping from a shaled queue dungeon though.

(It says it is dropping from bosses in the blogpost too)

That is our experience, we did a full dungeon, not queued and single kills, nothing. But yea ty then we try more… shouldn’t really matter if you are queued or not, right. Very odd.

It gives you bonus xp first queued dungeon of the day so it def sees the difference between queued and not.

Spoiler: (not sure how to do the blockout text?)

I got it a few days ago. Think it was a Broken Halls 4?

K so it is really really rare then.

All i am saying is there is no reason to have it completely unrestricted, thats all. The only reason you would use this out of a safezone is to abuse it. So why would the devs do that?

I don’t know if you have tested the distance the camera can be used from, but its pretty insane, and can be thrown really high for a bird’s eye view.

Using it in safezones for testing runes is about all its good for, and it’s intended use.

Also on the ‘slight advantage’ it gives you, it would be better than an invis pot, and have infinite uses/duration. It would give you the ability to see others while they cant see you, not only that but you can watch one direction while the camera watches another area.

It should be enabled for safezones, highsteppe city and dungeons, but other than that it really shouldnt. Even if there was no way to abuse it in a meaningful way, there is also no reason to enable it for anywhere PVP use and only adds risk of abuse if done, but i am sure the devs are already aware of that.

Now i don’t want to turn this thread into a ‘should the raven camera be available everywhere for pvp’ thread, so if anyone does wanna talk about that, someone could make a separate thread i guess. Other than that, that is all i have to say on this in this thread.

It could be shard bosses only, I was getting no wood cogs from a lot of dungeon queued dungeons.

it’s also normal dungeons, I’ve gotten one from a normal dungeon que boss

eh, video making? the original purpose of it? Or all I really wanna do with it, exploring the world from a different view.

You can throw it high up, but as soon as the distance between you and the camera is more than 75m(the render distance for objects, mobs, players), it disappears and the desktop view goes back to first person view.

It would most definitely not be better than an invis pot, you could see others while you’re hiding, but only in between the camera and you at which point it would be better to just find a wall to hide inside and look out. You’d only be able to see behind you while stationary, or by constantly redeploying the camera which is more of a hassle than just turning around to look behind you every now and then.
Infinite uses, yes, but not really comparable to an invis pot either.

I stand by that is should be usable anywhere with pvp on and not be restricted, the very few usecases where it would give a slight advantage could even add some more depth to pvp and make it more interesting.

1 Like