Using PvE to Kill Other Players and a Lack of Punishment

Recently while timing the spawn times of obsidian, I was attacked multiple times by a player named daHamm. While this normally wouldn’t matter, I had PvP disabled, and he was using ranged monsters to kill me by lining them up with me. Whenever I tried to fight back, he would jump in front of my shots, so that I could not attack them. After I survived, I confronted him on it and told him that I was reporting him. As it turns out, he has been reported numerous times, and nothing has been done about it. There are trolls that are giving this community a bad face, and the staff are not doing anything about it. What was once one of the nicest communities is now being made toxic.

There’s not really any fix to the PvE killing that I can think of other than making it so players have to attack in order to be attacked. Aggro can remain the same as players can’t lure monsters and drop aggro on them, but range attacks damaging everyone is being exploited by trolls.

As for the problem with multiple reports going in on one player and nothing being done about it, maybe take them more seriously or actually read them if you aren’t already? You seriously have top players going around and doing whatever they want because there is no moderation in this game and no negative consequences for their actions. Please do something about it.

I just looked at code of conduct and this does not violate it. There is no rule against using PvE to kill non PvP players.

Hi Jake, I would really suggest to run away in this case and come back later. In Reborn, PvE-Troll-Killing is not really possible, the mobs are not strong enough, except perhaps some in wastelands.

Try to teleport and slide at the same time, (on Rift I slide with my left controller, pushing the thumbstick forward, same time teleport with my right controller as usual), that is very fast and used to escape any mob, during combat, if you don’t want to fight it.

Also in case you are a low level, level up to 30 before going to higher areas, use the missions to do so.

PS: @Richleth it’s just like in rl… many of those things which are “legally allowed”, like alot of forms of bullying etc, are actually an *sshole thing to do, js!

Problem is I wasn’t equipped irl to fight in game because I was on the forums while watching the game. In order to test timed mechanics, I have to be able to stare at one spot without being bored out of my mind. Therefore I do other things while waiting patiently. During this time, I am completely vulnerable regardless of my level. A monster will be able to kill me even if it’s weak, since we don’t regenerate during combat. Even if it were difficult to achieve, we shouldn’t be able to do it which is why I’m asking for the devs to consider a fix.

I think you just should focus on the game for now, you are likely overthinking some things :wink: … try out the run-away mechanics I described and yea, if you play, then play, nothin else. You can regenerate in between 2 combats, that is why you should try to engage one a time, then the next one etc.

1 Like

Running away only works if you are holding your controllers which I wasn’t. Regardless, the reports still need to be taken more seriously as it sounds like there are no punishments in this game.

Just a heads up, with how difficult combat is in this game, it’s very dangerous to be outside of Highsteppe with focus elsewhere. I’ve been killed far more times than I care to admit, even including while in PvP returning after a Goblin Token run. That one sucked :frowning:

Please refrain from calling out people by name on the forums, this can be seen as disrespectful, and i’m quite certain its grounds for flagging this post, although i’ll be leaving that to the community managers.

I know DaHamm well, he is not a troll, and does not wish to go around being toxic. This also should not be an issue, avoiding those mobs is incredibly easy, and i’m quite certain you will find it nearly impossible to do this to someone if they aren’t just standing in place letting it happen.

I can understand you being upset if this really happened to you, but i can assure you taking to the forums to call out a particular player is not the way to be going about this. If you wish to get the attention of the devs and talk about these issues, please pm them. @Mathieu_D is very active on the forums, i recommend going to him if you have an issue in particular

You can even just walk away from these mobs, you do not even have to engage on the off chance you do find yourself in this situation, which i am quite certain unless you are actively trying to be in, will be exponentially rare.

To touch apon the multiple reports, the devs are VERY on top of this. If someone is explicitly abusing an in-game mechanic or griefing/harassing they are usually banned swiftly, i have seen it happen every time without exception, world boss griefing in particular. The reason no action is being taken is because this does not violate any rules, and is a part of the game. Not to mention i doubt greatly that DaHamm was reported multiple times for this, he does not make a habit of making life difficult for others.

To wrap it up, if you find yourself in an area with enemies, and are not in a safe area, expect to be attacked. When you venture out, afking in a field of enemies is asking to be attacked.

Quick edit:
I have see you have also called out another member on the forums by name, all of this applies to that too. I’m sure you wouldn’t like it if i were to start posting on the forums, accusing you by name of whatever i feel unjustified/upset about.

4 Likes

Posting threads to call out specific players is against the forum guidelines.

If you have a negative experience to report, use the in-game report system (as you have in this case) and we will follow up on it and enact appropriate actions, as well as with you via email if we have additional questions, or PM me additional details if you have further input on the incident you wish to share with us in addition to the report.

I don’t know where the info about “multiple reports and nothing being done” is even coming from, but we do not share the moderation actions taken publicly. That info is between the offending person and the dev team and is standard procedure for MMORPG player moderation. Anything else that may be going around is rumor and speculation.

7 Likes