Weapon disappearing upon drawing it

Hello!

Started playing Reborn today with my s/o and both of us experienced this issue where sometimes, when we drew our weapon out, it just wouldn’t show up and our hand disappeared. If I put the weapon away, my hand appears again. I was using the Scoundrel and it didn’t seem to shoot either, so it doesn’t feel like just a graphical issue. Also, when this happens, if I logout, I’ll get stuck in a black screen where if I try to teleport, I’ll see the teleport laser guide colored green and I can still hear ambient SE from the game. I always end up having to restart the game completely.

Thanks for your attention and hard work!

• Nervly

Thanks for the heads up! If you get a chance to send me your output log I will take a look and see if we can fix it.

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\output_log.txt

Just email it to me at [email protected].

its the same thing that was happening during the beta in pvp battlegrounds. it’s now happening in AND out of pvp battlegrounds.

Okay, I am trying to collect logs so I can get an understanding of what is going on. If you have it happen to you and can send me your log that would be very helpful, thanks.

Okay so after a lot of wild goose chases I think I’ve finally tracked this down and pushed out a fix for it client-side on both Oculus and Steam (Restart your storefront app to get it right away). Let me know if it happens again, and my apologies to everyone for the annoyance.

3 Likes

weapons dissappear zoning, then black screen logging out (client kill required)

1 Like

If you get a chance please send me your output log and I’ll take a look at what’s going on. Thanks!

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\output_log.txt

Just email it to me at [email protected].

This happens a lot when you switch shards.

1 Like

I didn’t have any issue when switching shards, but often happened when you teleported to a zone with multiple shards

1 Like

Is this still happening for you after that last patch I put out about 7 hours ago? I was able to reproduce it via switching shards and it was fixed for me post patch.

nah, not yet at least.

I frequently noticed when this occured that I’d see a red flash as if I’d unequipped my weapons just as I zoned, then after load it was as if there was no weapon to draw (although, as scoundrel, my cards would show up).

Just more info, hopefully that aligns with what was fixed

1 Like

The red flash is what I see, too, every time this happens.

Is it still happening to you in the last 12 hours or so?

Not sure about OP, but I have not been on for 15ish hours now. Just agreeing with OP’s statement regarding the flash

I just ran into this problem. I sent you an output log.

Got it, thanks, it’s a different issue but hte same result, working on a patch for that now too.

I’m having this problem to when I draw my weapon. I can see my health and stamina bar, I can also use them but i can’t see them. This is the case with all my weapons. I created a new character to see if it had the same problem but that doesn’t seem to be the case, It’s only on my original character from before Reborn.

What is your character name? And this happens for every class? What if you go to the beginner weapon npc and grab the starter weapons for the new classes, then dos it do it for those as well?

The character name is EpicMrMike. I can confirm this happens with every weapon from every class.