What stats for what class?

So i have been doing my lv 30 Paladin and getting gear im coming across some weapons and armor that grants points to my STR and INT and i dont know whats better to have? id like to know befor spending those 30+ points

Q: what stats should i get on gear for witch class?

ill edit to add top 3 stats each class should have for those who also asking.

Warrior[STR] [VIT]
Paladin [INT] [VIT] [DEF]
Musketeer[INT]
Bard
Scoundrel
Ranger
Runemage [INT] [VIT]
Shaman

Vitality is important on tanks
Warrior, Paladin

Strength increases physical attacks (most "auto attacks)
Ranger normal shot
Musky normal shot
Scoundrel normal shot
Bard mallet throw(lol)

Int affects magical damage
Ranger special arrow/charged arrows
Warrior combo damage
Paladin empowered hits[orb hits]
Scoundrel held trigger/cards
All of runemage
All of shaman
All of bard excpet for mallet throw(lol)

Strength also affects projectile speed as well?
Not working on runemage
Should affect shaman, scoundrel, bard?, and ranger projectiles

Also you dont get stat points that I think you were assuming youd have to reallocate

Just an FYI, once you get Epic +1 gear and forward, you’ll have all the stats on those items. The weapons will have both Str and Int. the armor will have both Def and Vit.

Though getting as much 30 Vit blue gear and a 30 blue weapon with som str on it then you’ll be ready for some lower level shards and the gear that gives you.

2 Likes

good to know. and if im right when you level up after 30 your get one skill point to spend on stats right?

If you lvl up on a 30 class yes. Those stats are not combat related though. You can use those skill points in your player house library.

so if there not combat related, whats the point of having them? or did i not read that right.

They are things like:

• Increase your luck of dropping items
  • Getting your mount speed faster
  • Get a discount on vendor items

So they have all their own goal :man_shrugging:

Ohh overlevel perks? The only stat that changes is Luck which increases drop rate

O OK, so guess ima poor it all in luck, for the loots

1 Like

Yea that is what most people do with their perks.

Knowing which stats are important for your class and what they do (see Archives list above) is needed however if you want to take potions for higher content and not necessarily a full set of them (str, int, vit, crit). On your gear and weapon you just wanna max everything.

For potions my personal priority list would look like this:
Warrior, Paladin: Vit, Str, Crit, Int
Edit: Vit, Crit, Int, Str is eventually a better order, specially for warriors, see discussion below (I don’t play tank classes, so I rely on others).

Scoundrel, Ranger: Str, Crit, Int, Vit
Musketeer, Bard: Int, Crit, Str, Vit
Runemage, Shaman: Int, Crit, Str, Vit

Since there’s also crit heals, crit is useful for every class. Vit I put last for dmg and healers, however, if you are bad in jumping out of ranged mob attacks and AoEs you might sometimes survive with more Vitality (or hold out longer till the healer gets you up), even on high shards, so it’s also useful for every class.

If you get gear drops from dungeons, purples are better than blues, because they got 2 secondary stats on them. Other than that the higher armor or dmg/level of gear is, the better.

But keep lower items if the secondary stats (vit, def, str, int) are higher than your current gear. Secondary Stats from blue and purple gear can be infused into gear with higher armor at the infuser npc in the middle of HS.

Here’s also a re-post of what drops where:

1 Like

Strength is completely useless for warrior, it only adds to the damage of the sword swings and you’re not exactly a DPS as a warrior.

1 Like

That’s why it is second, crit and int seem even less useful. The only thing which is useful, I heard many times, is vit …
Str and crit add to dmg which is a major point for our paladins, tho (they do contribute to overall dmg, and not just a bit).

But as for the aggro, dmg is completely not influencing that, for either class, right? Is the sword level you got even important for aggro? Tilesets? I wonder all this since a long time, specially in the case of warriors.
And in the case of paladins, int isn’t perhaps that useless, because of the books? Since paladins also heal, perhaps it should be Vit, Int, Crit, Str rather then (if dmg is not highest prio).

1 Like

Crit and int help you with more aggro + more healing as a warrior. Since that is the only two things you do as a warrior it is more useful then strength and I might even argue Vit. I have many situations where I prefer Int or Crit instead of Vit. I wouldn’t be surprised if the pally has an underlying thing with aggro on Int and Crit too. Still need to test that…

(Ps yes tilesets increase healing and although untested prob also aggro for warrior)

3 Likes

Would 100% take crit and/or int over vit in almost every situation, having more total health is more like an extra bumper or adding a bit more margin for error in the sense that you can take more damage before healing back up. while int and crit actually make you heal for more.

Yah but you and Scott don’t need a healer in many situations and dungeons tho, don’t know if there’s alot or any of faster healing tanks in that game, currently… for you vit makes no difference indeed :wink:
I am reluctant to recommend not taking vit potions for everyone else though, for tanks who are not 100% savvy with provokes and blip-management OR even still practicing this. In pretty many situations I was in potions made all the difference, we weren’t getting past certain content without (and vit/str is the most common ones I see tanks using… I will forward the tipp with crit/int though).

The thing is though, for almost every mob, a vit pot is not enough to survive one more hit. So basically die in 4 hits without vit pot. Die in 4 hits with vit pot :expressionless:

3 Likes

That is where the healer comes in though…? You need to survive one hit, not two or four or something, and with as much health left as possible. We just yesterday went through a lvl 10 shard where we had to deal with single normal hits bringing the tank into the deep-red. Depending on crit heals I can heal that up fully with a big heal or turret/renew even, but that also depends on the health left. So from a healer’s perspective I am absolutely for more Vit IF tanks are not able to counter everything with quick self-heals… (I mean, are we really discussing here if more health is good for tanks or rather unneeded??)

As paladin I would rather take a warrior over vit, crit, and int

You can’t drink a Warrior xD

3 Likes

potato would disagree, remember that time he tried to get me to come to germany?

1 Like