Wilds Loot Chest Revealed!

Why is that? If I’m in the wilds, I would never log out… Worst case I will die and lose my tradable items, so what?

I say the devs should over stress about it, It is working well enough and they have other real problems and cool content to work on. I say leave it as is and add a PvP project to your to do list, which sounds like they are doing. Stay the course devs, you have done great.

Realize that these endgame thread represent a very small part of the community.

1 Like

thing is, this is the pvp project. there has not been a update to pvp since alpha when they first added the arena.

2 Likes

Yeah, this!!! I think it would be great to have an option to do some large scale pvp with some better reward at the end :slight_smile:

Maybe a good solution to this problem would be to add a 5 minute bandit timer to whoever acquires the chest loot even if they aren’t the first person?

That way you can’t pick it up, become bandit, die to pass it off, then have your ally pick it up and log. Or any variation of passing it off while in the wilds in an attempt to bypass the bandit stage.

5 Likes

It would seem like this would go a long way towards improving the current situation where PvP isn’t actually necessary for contesting the loot.

The more I think about it, however, the more I realize that even something like this won’t work.

With the bandit system non-bandits could just zerg the loot-holder from a nearby graveyard while the loot-holder is forced to either evade (again, avoiding PvP) or take on an increasingly large bounty/duration.

This is the way to go imo, no need of a bandit system in a lawless zone.
No one’s bandit, everyone who dies in the wilds respawn at the jail, this way we can actually fight for the chest without being at disadvantage due to bandit status.

3 Likes

I would not be in favor of scrapping the entire bandits system just because of this one event. However, it’s obviously ill-suited to this type of large-scale group combat.

Perhaps a decent short-term solution is to simply make it so that within 30 minutes before and after the chest spawning, there is a “lawless period” in effect where everyone is immediately assigned permanent bandit status while in the zone. Then everyone is on even footing, no one can logout quickly, etc.

I also think that some type of system where a special item spawns in the chest that you must exit the Wilds with before claiming your reward, which puts some type of “beacon” on you, is worth looking into, but that might take a bit longer to implement.

10 Likes

I am not a fan of the idea, but if you decided to do it, please make sure you only do it for Lavamora. There are many players that farm mats that don’t want to have to deal with this event.

1 Like

It would only be for Lamavora. In fact, I might be able to make it to where it’s just in the immediate area (like 150m or something) around the Chest itself. And it would only be for 1 hour out of every 10 real-time hours.

5 Likes

putting a limit on the area would not solve the problem, people can just die near a non-bandit and he can get away with the loot (which is part of what happened today)

I mean, at some point you have to consider getting away from the chest area with the loot “success.” By the same logic someone could just wait right outside the zone boundary where they wouldn’t be a bandit and then wait for someone to come out with it, when they will be a bandit, kill them and take it.

The goal in my opinion should be to encourage people to be able to clear out the area around the chest. If there is say a 200m range around the chest you can keep clear, it should be pretty easy to pick a direction to go in and get away.

The only current issue I really see that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later is the fact that the bandit system makes it to where no one actually wants to engage each other around the chest. Once that is solved I think anything else is just strategy.

7 Likes

If you make the effect visible, it would also be a great way to randomize the location of the chest between a set of Wilds areas. People would see it coming only a little bit before - thus preventing logging in on it - but would still leave some time to prepare.

I really like the idea of having it spawn in one of x amount of areas throughout even just lamavora if not any of the wilds. Spreading out the PvP chaos, allocating troops in certain locations, calling for reinforcements when the chest does spawn in one of the locations would create for a more dynamic flow of planned Wilds PvP.

2 Likes

I am not a fan of this idea both because it adds luck the the equation and because the battles would become much smaller. Think about it in practice. So lets say there are 3 points where it could spawn. If all the players are spread between 3 wilds that mean 2 out of 3 players would have just wasted there time and just walked away with nothing and no fight. Only 1 out of 3 players will get to actually fight for the chest.

1 Like

This seems like a partial solution, compared to wider issues with bandit status. Perhaps it’s the right solution or a good temporary solution, but I do want it heard that these problems are still present outside of 10% of Lamavora.

They’re most relevant there and then, but bandit status is still a very inconsistently harsh punishment that might be dealt to someone simply trying to avoid a known bandit getting a very advantageous first strike.

The battle isn’t over instantaneously though and it only takes a minute to make your way from one wilds to another. It will def take longer to make your way out the wilds with the loot. Not to mention, you would know where it will spawn a little bit in advance as Riley is proposing, but presumably not so long that people have been camped out for hours. I think it is a good middle ground.

Eh but that’s exactly the point :smiley: … without a legendary there’s no use for shards and if I ever get one and there’s half-decent affixes on it I would surely NOT use it since there’s a risk to ruin it with treasure master or what not. I guess you don’t need one but at least 5 of these shards to even think about a gamble with rerolling, on some of my normal epics I used 10+ shards to get a desired affix.

So this reward is indeed interesting, but for a fraction of the endgame people. You said you did 100+ shard dungeons, grats according to the armory there is currently only 20 people in the entire game who did 100+ and some of these (like you) don’t even have a legendary ok… but at least a real chance for it, so yea, for you it’s likely worth it stocking up these shards in the wilds, but for all the rest well, it’s something which rots in the chest and might be useful or might not, in a very distant future.

As for selling, I do not think anyone of this small group who needs shards, right now, will give me 100k or 50k dram for a shard, nope just nope. Considered legendarys are not the best weapons in the game, for example if one gets a T5 only, and you need several shards like 5 to get a chance of unbending or what you want on it, this would mean to spend 250k dram for - a chance - of improving this weapon which, if it doesn’t happen to be a T10, might be replaced by a better drop, don’t think that’s worth it for anyone.

2 Likes

I was to suggest that the chest require a period of one person holding it or something. And if there are two it would reset the timer. Thus it would require groups to wipe one another before one can even claim the loot.

However it seems that this bandit status and getting out of the wilds is a real pain. Can’t think of ways to appropriately counter this mechanic. Since the first attackers might be constantly attacked by people who reawaken. The reborn sickness debuff is an interesting candidate however.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.