Winter Festival of Strangers Begins December 5th

Hey folks, we posted a preview of the Festival launching on December 5th, check it out!

5 Likes

Looks fun but why is the snow slightly green?

(green? yellow?) ugh… I don’t wanna knoooooow :stuck_out_tongue: …

1 Like

X3 i thought it’s a light frost over grass. As in, the start of winter. Like how there are only patches of ice forming on the water. Some places have it worst and some only get a light frost.

I think it looks a bit odd in that screenshot because of the weather, it looks more like a dark white/gray-ish on a sunny day. We had to darken it so it wouldn’t be blinding, but it still looks like snow in game for sure.

3 Likes

Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to :wink:

its funny you mention yellow snow… Those that do the quest line for the festival will know more once completed, just be sure to talk to some of the NPCs after completing the quests haha

4 Likes

Is the winter themed common furniture an “can always buy” or an “buy only during the festifal” thing?

1 Like

Looks like some fun stuff in there. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

looks pretty cool, I really like these in game events you guys started doing. keep it up!

1 Like

What time will the update be launching?! I’m Super Stoked!!

1 Like

Just posted the patch notes, were still planning on launching around noon.

Just starting server side countdown

It’s raining in Highsteppe right now, shouldn’t that be snow coming down instead? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s sleet :wink:

NGL, this is a good idea

1 Like

Yeah, it really takes away from the scenery, and breaks the immersion.

1 Like

I wonder how terrible it would look to just retexture the rain and throw it into the game for now? Honestly not sure, might be worth something lol. / adjust the speeds of the rain falling to something slower.

1 Like

One thing i forgot to mention in the original patch notes— You can also place weapons inside the house customization chest to decorate your house with all your favorite weapons now also!

2 Likes

that’s cool, but could you make it use the transmog model instead of the default model of the weapon you put in?

2 Likes

Any chance any pets being able to place in tinkerer chest in the future? :grimacing:

2 Likes